Part One: Fat Girls don't go to Pool Parties

(Old Cover)

(Old Cover)

"It's just a pool party. Come! Be active. All you do is sit at this boring job, wear boring clothes, and have boring ass hobbies." Keisha smacking her lips, rolls her work chair closer to mine.

"Kesh. I said I dont want to go. Who's going to be there, anyway?"

"EVERYBODY, including men!"

Leaning back in my brand new double wide desk chair, I heard a slight pop from its wheels. My last chair broke, it couldn't take the pressure under my fat ass. Good riddance!

Keisha is new in this office. The dreaded, thirty-pound office weight, hasn't caught up to her. She can enjoy her tiny little body in a bikini for everyone to gawk at. I'm not ready for that type of exposure. Hell, I dont think anyone is.

"Come on Nina!!!"

A few of our nearby co-workers sighs in annoyance.

"Kesh, just because you're yelling my name doesn't make me want to go any more than before."

"But you're the one who's always saying, and I air quote, 'I want to get out more, Kesh. You know, really put myself out there. I want to get to know new people. I dont want to die an old fat lady'." Keisha swivels my chair around to face her.

"Seriously fat lady, what will it be?"

I sat back for a minute to really ponder my answer. What could it hurt? What's the worst that could happen? People make fun of me? Hell, they make fun of me with my clothes on. What would be the difference in a swimsuit? Plus, Kesh will be there. That's a start, I know someone. I'm not there alone. I think I can do this.

"Nina! Yes or no?" Keshia asked, pulling at the hem of my button down dress shirt.

"Ummm...." I hummed, tapping the side of my cheeks with my pointer finger. I want to make her wait in anticipation, just a little, you know, for giving me such a hard time. Watching her face twisting up and begging is making me slightly happy.

"Okay, Kesh. I'll go."

"You'll go!?"

"Yes!"

"Final answer. No take backsies?"

"First of all, you're a grown ass woman who still say take backsies?"

"I'm young and cute. I can still say words like that and get away with it. Don't be jealous."

"Whatever." Swiveling my chair back to my desk. I begin typing on my keyboard. My nails clicking the keys is very therapeutic to me.

"I'll pick you up for the pool party around one this afternoon?"

"I rather drive Kesh."

"For what? So, you can leave within the first hour?"

Little did Keisha know, that's exactly what I was thinking. I rolled my eyes at her, pushing my chair closer to my computer screen.

"Fine." I begrudgingly said.

"Great! It's a pool party! You'll love it. See you at one!"

Hey, Don't forget to vote! Please feel free to comment. I would love to read your feedback. Thank you.