Fourteen - All Bark and no Bite

You wanted to run. You wanted to shift and run. 

Yes. Oh god yes you wanted to run with him-

No! No, no-

A flash of red and claws and teeth struck through your mind, a memory, causing you to suddenly recoil from the male stood before you. The hairs on your arms sticking up as fear became a static along your body. 

Your back smacked into the kitchen counter and your breathing was elevated, hands shaking slightly. 

"No. No I don't," you said unsteadily, looking up at him but failing to meet his eyes.

"That's not what your eyes were telling me just a second ago."

You bit your lip, not knowing how to reply. Because he was right. For a moment there you really had just wanted to forget about everything (the reasons why you wouldn't shift) and just run with him.

Run with your Tae-tae like the old times.

Stop it!

During your inner turmoil you stiffened up from the presence of another behind you, before relaxing slightly as their familiar smell entered your nose.

Seokjin manoeuvred himself around the counter to stand in front of you in a protective manner, his broad shoulders obscuring most of your view of Taehyung, who had an irritated expression fall onto his face at the older male's intrusion.

He hadn't seen you in so long, and now his elder was going to take that moment away from him. 

"Don't you give me that look young man, you weren't supposed to see her yet. You better not have ruined the peace we're trying to establish."

Taehyung scoffed halfheartedly at that.

Jin only continued, narrowing his eyes at the boy, not appreciating his attitude. "And where have you been? You know better than to run off for ages on end on your own."

"I've been scouting the area," he replied in an uncaring manner, looking off to the side. 

"Thats BS Taehyung and you know it. I know you've been hunting." 

Taehyung didn't reply. 

"Taehyung look at me when I'm speaking to you," Jin commanded firmly. The younger looked back at him, so close to rolling his eyes at the way Jin was treating him like a child.