Three - Trouble in paradise

In the next few days you hadn't received a second call from some certain males, much to your relief. You had been expecting them to try again, so you did find it strange that they hadn't. However glad you were, it made you suspicious, and as the days crawled by you felt more on edge. You started to look behind your back when you were walking alone, started to check every room before you went to bed at night. You knew it was getting silly and you were being paranoid, but you couldn't help it. Even Jaebum sensed a difference in your attitude, and he thought it might be because of the murders, and it grew concern within him.

The fact that they had contacted you raised alarm bells in your head. Did it have something to do with the recent murders? The thought had you looking over your shoulder every time you went out, and even started to double check the locks on your doors and windows before you went to bed, paranoia, seeping into your mind.

Your heightened senses didn't help much either. Every small scent or sound that was unfamiliar made you be on high alert of your surroundings, again, Jaebum noticed this too.

"You broke your phone?" 

A sheepish look crossed your face as you scratched the back of your neck.

You were currently sitting Jaebum's kitchen island, typing away on your unbroken laptop.

"Um, yeah, you know what I'm like." You tried to persuade. Jaebum looked at you with a quirked brow, annoyance written on his sharp handsome features.

You were currently in a position with a very angry and worried boyfriend, who had rushed home from the end of his shift when you hadn't picked up his calls. Nine calls in total. 

Being the secret worry-wart/mother hen he was, he had assumed the worst, only to find you taking a nap on his sofa at his apartment suite. He almost punched a wall in an angry relief but opted to hug you rather tightly instead. 

Yes you broke your phone, that part wasn't a lie. The accident however, was a lie. You had purposely smashed your mobile, knowing full well that someone could be tracking it. So you decided not to take any chances. 

Sighing, Jaebum released you and said, "I'll get you a spare one, your birthday's coming up soon anyway I'll just use that as an excuse for a present." You grinned up at him and wrapped your arms back around his lean muscular figure. 

"What did I do to deserve you?" You asked dreamily, gazing up at him like a little school girl. 

Little did your caring boyfriend know, you already had that covered. In case of emergency you had stashed a spare unused phone in your bottom bedside drawer. It was to keep you off the grid, so when you wanted to disappear without anyone tracing you, you could.

You received a notification ding on your laptop from your best friend, Jennie, a message that made you grin. 

'Hey gurl! NIGHTCLUB. Tomorrow night. 8pm?'

You loved Jennie to death. Part of the reason she was your best friend was because she would always take your mind off of your worries with a simple message. Without even having to think about it you replied back instantly. 

'Yeah why not? C u there'

As you happily typed away replying to your best friend, you failed to notice the disapproving stare coming from behind you.