The Head Boy Candidates

Start from the beginning

"Keep going Elliot," whispered Mr. Illingworth. "You are doing well." 

Elliot hesitated and he suddenly said, "I think that's all I can remember from the top of my head. So I hope you vote for me." 

There were no claps. Mr. Illingworth and his teacher Miss Carroll was the only one that was making the sound to everyone's shock. They thought that Elliot was too nervous. 

Mr. Illingworth walked back in. "Well, that was quite short, Elliot and thank you. But, after listening to both Felix and Elliot. You need to vote for only of them to be Head Boy." 

"Elliot was so nervous, but you were very confident Felix!" Jake smiled at him. "I will vote for you!" 

"Oh yeah!!! I was sooo good!" Felix bragged, "did you know everyone was clapping for me? I was so amazing at my speech!" 

A hurt Elliot came over to Felix and told him, "you stole my speech. I messed up, because I didn't have it. I do better with a script." 

"I did not!" Felix yelled, "that was why I had lots of claps." 

"Yeah!! You were just so nervous but Felix was very confident!" Jake added. 

All the boys were really believing it was Felix who had a fantastic speech even though Elliot had written it. Elliot then sighed to himself and walked away. 

Most boys passing by were laughing and teasing Elliot that Felix did so much better in the speech. Mr. Illingworth went up to him as he saw him feeling down. 

"It was really Felix that used my Head Boy speech to claim it was his reasons why he wanted to be Head Boy. He just did it, to make me mess up and feel embarrassed in front of everyone." Elliot answered upsettingly. "And nobody believes me and kept saying how amazing Felix's speech is." 

Mr. Illingworth looked unsure and questioned, "are you sure? It made it really look like him." 

There came Miss Carroll who knows approached the two. 

"Actually, Tony." Miss Carroll said to Mr. Illingworth. "I know both Elliot and Felix very well since they were very young. Elliot is such a sweet, honest and generous boy. Felix was always conceited and bragged about things. He even lies and manipulative." 

Mr. Illingworth then gasped, "how is that possible? But I don't know whether Felix definitely used your speech. 

"He did!" Elliot raged loudly. "I will prove it to you!!" 

"Okay, clam down." Mr. Illingworth spoke softly. "Why don't you log in to my computer under your account if you word processed the speech you prepared for and you can show me it." 

Elliot was finally relived. So he, Mr. Illingworth and Miss Carroll walked in Mr. Illingworth's office to see his speech. 

"This is what Felix has said in the candidate process." Elliot showed the teachers, "I was going to say exactly all that. It says 'by..............Felix?? WHAT?? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?"

"That's not true, Elliot. Are you saying that just to be Head Boy and blaming on him for cheating? Or even he sent it you and saved it." Mr. Illingworth questioned confusingly. 

"But it's true sir!" Elliot answered. 

"Agreed." Miss Carroll nodded, "I think Elliot should be the Head Boy. Tony, you will just have to announce him." 

"Well, I will have to count the votes and see what happens." Mr. Illingworth answered.

One day, Mr. Illingworth made another announcement: "So, the new Head Boy is..............DRUMROLL........" 

There was a loud drumroll....... 

"FELIX SMITH!!!!! PLEASE COME TO THE FRONT NOW!!!!" 

There was a loud cheer and claps going on. Felix walked to the stage in such an amused way. 

"Thank you, thank you ever so much! You are so kind. Keep clapping and chanting me." He told everyone. 

Elliot then ran out, bursting into tears. 

"Elliot," Miss Carroll said with concern going after him, "I know you wrote it, but I found it on the floor. I guess he dropped it." 

"But, nobody believes me. Even Mr. Illingworth thought I was lying." Elliot sobbed harder. 

"Oh Sweetie, it had your name on it, but there was a dark stroke through it and it was changed to Felix." Miss Carroll answered. "I found it, but I will tell him right now." 

Miss Carroll showed Mr. Illingworth the evidence, announcing that he cheated and is not Head Boy. He will receive punishment tomorrow about it and it made Elliot be the Head Boy. Now everyone was cheering for him loudly. 

Moral: Being a good leader means kindness, friendliness and commitment as well as many other aspects