Chapter 26

Penelope's POV   

    It's been a month and the dull ache in my side stands as a reminder, of how I have to work hard everyday to save my mom, Wren, and myself. I have been acting like I love Percy, and getting him to trust me. The other day we ate in the living room and he left me alone for a few minutes, even though it left the opportunity for me to escape. I stayed where I was in hopes of building trust, and if it was a test I passed with flying colors.

    Every night I take pain meds to help with the pain from the mate bond, and they also help me sleep. I have been planning for the last few days what I am going to do. Tonight I plan on crushing up my pill and mixing it with his drink. Once he is asleep I will call James, so he can find our location. I have to make sure Percy isn't suspicious. Being away from James has caused me to be so incredibly weak. I don't know if Storm will be able to survive much longer without Ezra.

    "Good morning, Pippa." Percy whispers kissing my cheek, while I try not to gag. "And good morning little baby." he says while kissing my little baby bump.

    I am a little over two months pregnant now, and I am showing. I love my bump because it is my baby growing, but looking at it makes me miss James, so much. Percy helps me out of the bed, and we walk to the kitchen.

    "What's my baby craving this morning?" my heart aches, and bile rises in my throat as he says 'my baby.' I want to scream 'it's not yours! It James' baby,' but I play along and just say, "Pancakes."

He begins to make pancakes, which he makes most days. What can I say, my baby is craving pancakes. However, they aren't craving Percy's pancakes, my mouth waters thinking of James' pancakes. I quickly eat, trying not to make eye contact.

"I have some work to do today, so will you be alright hanging out with your mom and Wren?" I not enthusiastically,

"I'd love to!" I smile wide, but quickly add, "I'll miss you."

He kisses my forehead, before leading me back to our bedroom. I hear the door lock, and I go into our bathroom and shower. After a long shower, I change into comfy clothes, and braid my hair. I hear a knock on the door, and shortly after Wren and my mom come in, only to have the door locked on the outside.

Wren's looking so much better since she was moved from the cells to an actual room. Her external wounds have healed, but I know she has internal wounds that have not been healed yet. I hug them before settling on the bed. I fill them in on my plan. Wren is going to fake a bad stomach ache, and Adelaide is going to convince Hector to let her stay with Wren during the night. I know James may not come right away, but if we stay together there is a higher likelihood of us all escaping.

We spent the day talking about nonsense, trying to keep our minds off of the war that will soon be raging right outside. Adelaide cannot wait until she is back home. I told her about how April Mae, thought I was her, and how James' mom misses her so much. This just caused her to cry because she missed her best friend. I told Wren all about Owen, and how happy Ryan seemed with him. I know she is trying not to get her hopes up, but she misses her brother so much.

Some omegas brought us lunch and we thanked them before we decided on watching a movie. We were all nervous about tonight, and we need to keep our mind busy. It's almost christmas time, so Wren picked Elf claiming we needed a feel-good comedy. After the movie, Wren began to fake her stomach ache. Adelaide had the guard open the door, and took her to her room. Left a long with my thoughts I become extremely nervous. I take deep breaths though because I know I have to do this. I slip two of my pain meds into my pocket, and a little while later Percy walks in.

"How was work, baby?" I ask as sweetly as I can.

He flops on to the bed tiredly, "long."

"Do you know what will make you feel better?" I ask causing him to look up suspiciously, "my extra special milkshakes. The baby has been craving them and I know it'll make you feel better." I am technically not lying. The baby has been craving my milkshakes, and it will help him relax.

"Okay, I'll go make them."

    "No," I blurt out, "You don't know how to make them the way I do. Remember there's a special ingredient you have been trying to figure out since we were kids." I try to make it seem less suspicious.

    "Okay, lets go to the kitchen." I try not to make my face pale. I didn't really think this through.

    "Percy you're tired, plus I can't have you find out the secret ingredient. I promise I won't run away, plus I wouldn't be able to even if I wanted to." I say pointing to my baby bump.

    He lets out a sigh, "fine, but I'll have guards by all the exits and you only have 20 mins." I let out an excited squeal and kiss his cheek.

    I get out of the bed, and make my way to the kitchen. I set up the blender, and quickly grab all of the ingredients. I scoop mint ice cream, and some chocolate ice cream into the blender. I add in some milk and salt. I mix it up until it is the perfect consistency. I pour some into a mug for myself with a spoon because I like mine chunkier. I then mix the second half with more milk and the crushed up pills. Once it was all mixed I put it into a cup for Percy.

    I carried both to our room and a guard opened the door for me. I hand Percy his, and he begins to drink it quickly. I eat mine as I lean against the backboard watching him drink the milkshake. To my surprise and happiness he finished it quickly. I lay down next to him, and in a few minutes Percy is snoring loudly. I sit up and wait for him to move, but he stayed asleep. I carefully reached over to the night stand, and grabbed his phone.

    To my dismay he had a passcode. I quickly type his birthday, but it was wrong. I tried my birthday, and thank goddess I guessed that was it. I quickly dialed James' number and held my breath. I wanted to talk long, but I had to quickly tell him my location then delete the call log. Someone picked up and I whispered as tears came to my eyes.

    "James?"