Chapter 12

"I should've left you on that street corner where you were standing.

But you didn't."

Beatri •

"Rise and shine, little girl." I felt someone breathe on my neck. I kept my eyes closed, thinking it was a dream.

A few moments passed.

"Gotta get up." The same voice said next to my ear.

"Nasty ass, don't call me that!" I said and rolled over to face away from the voice only to be face to face with my bed frame. I realized I was laying down by River on the floor. Under the same blanket.

"Did you get lonely last night?" I could hear his smirk.

"You know I- oh my god!" I went and rolled over to put River in his place but I ended up hitting his forehead with mine. 

I quickly leaned away and hit my back to my bed. That method of getting away from him wasn't really working so I instead sat up abruptly trying to put some more space between us.

"Oh boy I'm so-sorry. I did-dn't give you enough sp-pace." River stuttered and blushed like a tomato.

"Oh my God!" I said as I rubbed my face against my blanket trying to get rid of the fake cooties.

"I love you, you love me, we're a happy family."

I jumped over to shut my phone's alarm clock off but tipped it off the nightstand instead. I struggled for a few more seconds before I was able to grab it but by then the alarm was nearly over.

"With a great big hug and a kiss-"

"Shut up!" I yelled at my alarm and finally pressed the dismiss button. I looked over only to see River on his back laughing a low, sexy laugh.

"Barney is your alarm clock!" He held his stomach as he laughed some more. "Why even?"

"You can leave if you're going to mock my alarm clock."

He slowly stopped his laughing and looked at me. I looked down at the ground and studied my knees.

"You're cute when you're mad, you know."

That sure took me by surprise because I started blushing like a mad man.

Change the topic Beatri.

"You smell good." I mentally face palmed myself.

Out of all the things I could've said.

"I-" I cut him off before he was able to say anything. His blush said enough about it.

"How did I end up down here by you?"

"You fell down after you fell asleep but still didn't wake up so I covered you with a blanket and left you alone so you could rest."

"Why were you still up?"

"I was studying your face. Is that weird?" He asked in a playful tone.