Chapter 7 (Ep 3) - The Hotel DuMort

Alec and I make it to the place Izzy told us to meet at.

"Izzy," Alec calls out as we walk up some stairs to see Izzy leaning on a bar, waiting for us in a red dress, I notice she has faerie dust on it. I knew she wasn't going to Meliorn's just to find out how to get in. "I got your text. Where are we exactly?"

"It's an old meatpacker's service entrance. If we go back there, we come up into the basement of the Hotel DuMort," She smiles, proud of herself. "Perfect, right? We distract the vamps, Clary and Jace have time to find Simon."

"Okay," I say.

"Okay?" She repeats. "It was hard work interrogating Meliorn to get this intel."

"Great job, Izzy," I say sarcastically whilst smiling sarcastically too. "You have faerie dust on your dress," I say, without sarcasm this time. She smiles at me whilst I smirk slightly and continue to walk on.

"I hate being the distraction," Alec says.

"I don't," Izzy replies. "You know, you'd be a lot happier if you weren't so freaking repressed," Alec ignores her. "Alec," She tries to get his attention. "Hello?" He rolls his eyes and keeps on walking.

"What do you mean by repressed?" I ask her quietly.

"Nothing," She answers quickly. "Just trying to get his attention."

"Huh," I say and we carry on.

I'm walking quite a bit ahead of Alec and Isabelle but I can only just hear their conversation.

"You're really not gonna talk to me, are you?" Izzy asks.

"That's because you have no idea what you're talking about," Alec answers.

"You're hiding from yourself, not me. You have feelings whether you like them or not, Alec."

"This is not the time, or the place, Izzy," Alec tells her. I decide to not think about it too much, it's none of my business.

I open a door and see there's vampires right behind it. I shut it straight away and push all of my weight against the door just as Alec and Izzy come in and rush over once they see me.

"There's vampires right behind this door, rune it," I tell them. Izzy pushes against the door too whilst Alec tries to rune the door.

"Any day now," Izzy says, impatiently.

"Yeah if you could hold the door still it might be a lot easier," He says as he tries to rune the door. "It's not taking it." 

I take his seraph blade from where his arrows are and slice a piece of pipe off from above us and shove it through the handle that has another pipe next to it.

"Whoever said the pen was mightier than the sword was an idiot," I say, walking away from the door.

"When you're right, you're right," Alec admits.

We take a few steps back and face the door. "Do you think they know where we are?" Izzy asks.

"That's the idea, right?" He says. "How long do you think we have to distract them for?"

"Ten more minutes," I tell him.

"Ten minutes? Are you kidding?" Alec questions, taking an arrow out. "We're liquid lunch in five."

"So let's distract them." I say.

"So let's distract them." He repeats, agreeing.

"You better get ready," I tell both of them. Alec holds his bow up, ready to shoot an arrow whilst Izzy's whip disguised as a bracelet slithers down her wrist and into her hand. I ready myself, knives in hand.