Chapter 6 (Ep 3) - She's A Good One

After having a short conversation about our plan, we decide it's okay to go by ourselves because the Vampires broke the Accords, they made the first move. The Clave will probably give us a lecture and be happy we did it. There was a slight problem with where we get our weapons without looking suspicious, but Jace had a plan and I drove us all to a graveyard he told us about in Simon's van.

"How do you know how to drive? Shadowhunters never need to drive," Jace asks.

"I'm a quick learner," I say. "It isn't that hard."

We get out of the van and Alec asks, "Who's grave is it?"

"Mary Milligan, born January 10th, 1802. Died January 10th, 1878," Izzy informs us, looking at her phone.

"Alright, Alec, let's go," Jace says.

"Wait, what are we looking for?" Clary asks.

"Cache of weapons," I tell her.

"Stashed here with Mrs Milligan," Jace continues.

"Why are there Shadowhunter weapons in a churchyard?" She questions.

"Because all of the ancient religions recognize demons. Or at least they used to," Izzy explains. I notice Alec is being quite quiet but soon realise he's trying to keep any comments aimed at Clary to himself. But he soon speaks up, offering more information about what Izzy is on about.

"They forgot about the threat because we've been here to protect them. Typical mundane failure of imagination."

"Are you saying we did too good a job?" Izzy stops when she asks that. "You just can't let up, can you?" She's getting annoyed.

"Guys," I scold them, looking between the brother and sister.

"Maddie, you and Alec go check out the angel," He says to me. "Let him cool off a bit, huh?" He whispers the last part so only I can hear and I nod.

"Come on," I say to my best friend as we walk towards a statue of an angel, searching for any gravestones with Mary Milligan's name on it.

We hear Izzy leaving as Meliorn was home, she was going to get information off him about how to get into the Hotel DuMort. But we all knew she was also going so she could get some alone time with him.

"They seem to be getting close," Alec speaks up as we look at the angel, seeing if there's any sort of clues.

"I know, they do say Seelie's have something about them," I say.

"Not them, you clown, Jace and Clary," He laughs.

"Ooooooh, yeah. Yeah, they are," I quieten down a little bit, thinking about it puts somewhat of a sad expression on my face.

"How do you feel about it?" He asks, sitting on the stand the statue is on.

"I mean, I'm happy for him, of course I am. He's finally paying attention to someone other than himself," I laugh lightly as I stop searching to speak to Alec properly. "But, I'm scared it's not gonna be the same if they keep at it. I know he'll say it will, but will it really? I guess I just feel like this because I don't have that. I've never had that. I mean, he's been with Kaelie too, it was nothing serious, but I've never even had something as simple as what they did."

"Mads, I know exactly what you're feeling," Alec look up at me with soft eyes. The same eyes he looked at me with when he comforted me with last night in that alleyway. The same eyes he looks at me with when I need someone to listen whilst I rant to them, whether it's something serious like family, or it's my favourite show being cancelled. "But, you've got to understand that things will never stay the same forever. At some point, things will change, if it's good or bad, we don't know. But what I do know, is that some things will stay the same. Like us. Always."