Chapter 4 (Ep 2) - Blind

Alec's POV

"Jace!" He dusted himself down.

"What?" He asked.

"Go after her! Didn't you see she was hurt?" I questioned angrily. I was going to go, but thought it would be best if he tried to make up with her.

"She was clearly annoyed, why would I go after her?" He had annoyance in his voice.

"Because you need to make this right with her!" I say, "Just go! It'll all make sense when you talk to her."

"Fine." He runs off. I don't know why he's been so off with her recently, I've never seen them like this.

After 10 minutes he comes back, rolling his eyes but acting really calm.

"What happened?" Izzy asked.

"I found her punching a wall, so I asked her what's up with her and she blew up at me saying I've been pushing her away for the past few days, which is absolute crap and then goes on to say that I've replaced her with Clary and left," he explained, with no worry or sadness on his face at all. "She talked about the pact we made when I asked her why she came."

"The pact that you would do everything with eachother?" Izzy asks.

"Yeah."

"And you said?" I asked, waiting for an answer.

"I said we should end it."

Izzy looked at Jace with shock. "What the hell Jace?!" she said, "Why would you say that?"

"How can you not see she's being overdramatic? I don't need her! Looking back, I never have," he says.

"Sooner or later, you're gonna regret everything that happened over the past few days. You're gonna realise that you're wrong and at this point, I don't know if you'll get her back," I tell him, I'm furious, but I wasn't going to let it all out now, I needed to find Maddie. "Where did she say she was going?"

"I don't know, and frankly, I don't care. Now, I'm gonna go to the City of Bones with Clary to focus on what really does matter, feel free to join," he starts walking.

"Go, make sure he doesn't do anything stupid, I'll go look for Maddie. Call me if you need anything," I say to Izzy. She nods in response.

"And tell me as soon as you find her," she says as she jogs after Jace, Clary and Simon.
____________________
Maddie's POV

I find myself in an alleyway 20 blocks away from the Pandemonium. The street is deserted. I deactivated my tracking rune to make sure nobody finds me. I'm sat against a wall with my knees bent and my arms resting on them, my hands hanging infront of my legs and my head is resting against the wall. It's pitch black apart from a street light a few yards down, giving little light into the alleyway, anyone who passed by wouldn't really be able to see me. I'm emotionless, just staring at the blank wall infront of me, my mind empty. I have no idea how to feel about this whole situation.

My knuckles are bruised and covered in dry blood from punching the wall, the pulsing pain is the only thing bringing me back to Earth when I feel like I'm floating away. I stay like this for ages.
__________________
Two Hours Later

A tall figure jogs by the opening to the alleyway I'm in and stops. I can't see who it is, the figure is black. I came to the conclusion I was hallucinating until I heard, "Maddie?" it slowly stepped forward and I realised who it was. Alec. He realised it was me and came speeding to my side.

He hugged me. And I immediately felt safe. Like nothing could ever hurt me. Like everything that happened over the past few days had just melted away as if it were never there. And we stayed like that for a few minutes.