thirty eight

Okay I am so sorry for not updating in so long. I've been so focused on The Fake Relationship (if you haven't checked that out, please do!) but I'm going to start trying to update this more often.

Especially because we are most at 100k! No words can explain how blown away I am by the endless support and love I get from you all. It really does not go unnoticed and I appreciate you all.

Don't ever hesitate to message me. I would love to get to know all of you.

Let me know what you think :)

The air was so cold, it was causing goose bumps to spread all over on Louis' skin, he let out a groan, moving his body to try cuddle into Harry to gather the alpha's body warmth. But Harry wasn't lying beside him. His eyes flew open and he sat up to look around the tent. Louis could see that the reason why it was so cold was that the front of the tent was zipped completely open.

Louis shivered violently before standing to his feet to climb outside of the tent. It was still extremely dark, most likely 12 or 1 in the morning. Everyone was quietly asleep in their sleeping quarters so Louis was making sure to be as quiet as possible as he begun to search for Harry.

Louis knew that the alpha had been struggling to sleep, probably due to Harry's worry about the great threat that was coming for them. Louis just needed to make sure he got Harry back into bed and had a good night's sleep.

"Harry?" Louis whispered, hoping that Harry would hear him with his super hearing so that they could return back to the warmth of their shared tent. There was no response so Louis continued to walk through the dark camp.

It was incredibly quiet, the only noises that Louis could pick out was the wind rustling the trees and the croaking and screeches of the animals in the woods.

The small hunter gathered a torch that he spotted on a close by table, just in case he needed it. There was still no sign of Harry and Louis was now starting to get a little worried. If they were back at the Pack House, he might not have been this anxious about the alpha's whereabouts but being in the middle of the woods in a camp full of people who would have no problem with killing Harry, Louis was pretty concerned. Not to mention, the new threat of Amara possibly lurking around in the shadows was enough to have his skin crawl.

Louis made his way to the edge of the camp, frowning when he spotted a small light coming through the trees. It was the direction of the Pack House, the path that he had taken with Harry and the others to reach the Silencer's camp. There was a feeling in the pit of his stomach, telling him, willing him not to go any closer but he did.

As the hunter kept walking, the closer the light was. Louis couldn't quite make out yet what the source of the light was. He only prayed that it was only Harry and nothing sinister of any kind prowling in the woods. Louis' feet came to a stop, spotting someone sitting on a log on the path in front of them, the person's back facing them.

"Harry?" Louis asked, his voice was coming out in an almost whisper. This feeling of pure fear was such a new concept to him. Louis was so used to be this strong, skilled hunter that everyone looked up to but he was vulnerable presently, his lack of sleep due to his guilt was overcoming him and he wasn't at his top strength.

The figure slowly turned to face Louis causing the hunter's eyes to widen at the sight in front of him. It was Harry but not the Harry he had fallen asleep next to. Louis listened as Harry let out a shudder of breath, one of his hands clutching on his stomach.

"Why?" Harry wondered, looking down at his hand that was now completely covered in blood. Louis rushed forward to try to tend to Harry but the alpha flinched when Louis' hands landed on him.