29- "Not until you say yes"

*Third person's pnt of view*

"Wha- what?" Stuttered Ana, her throat suddenly running dry, her heart racing.
"Marry me Ana." Jaxon simply stated again, his own heart attempting to beat out of his chest.
"Why?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows, she wasn't sure why that was the question she thought of.
"Why? Why?! You really want to ask me why? I'm in love with you Ana! I love you! Don't tell me you haven't noticed." Heaved Jaxon, not believing the events unfolding in front of him, he wasn't sure what he expected with Ana.
"But Jaxon, don't you think it's a little quick? Impulsive even?" Asked Ana carefully, though honestly she was buying herself some time to process the fact that Jaxon just asked her to marry him.
"Ana, turn around." Ordered Jaxon, his voice sounding a little exasperated.
"What?" She asked confused.
"Turn..." he placed his hands on her shoulders and spun her around to face Stewart's body that laid in his own blood, lifeless and unmoving.
"Now, it was either me on the ground in that state and you getting molested by Stewart as we speak, or this, here and now" he whispered turning her around to face him.
"You and me, together." He added in a soft tone, cupping her cheek.
"Can I... can I just have a moment to think about it?" Whispered Ana, as Jaxon groaned and placed his forehead on hers as he sighed, "at least kiss me, just in case it's the last time." Declared Jaxon, his words turning into a knife that jabbed his chest repeatedly.

His declaration made her hurt sink.

Was he afraid that she wouldn't stay?

Ana pulled back, and cupped Jaxon's face, then she placed her lips softly on his, and held him close.

There in that specific moment she knew the truth. But was that even possible? To fall in love with someone in such short time, if not mention their actual situation?

When she pulled away she sighed and shook her head as she said "God, I love you."

That declaration made her hurt skip with glee. It felt good to say it out loud.

Jaxon chuckled and said "does that mean I can officially call you my fiancée?" He asked again, nuzzling her neck.
"No." Giggled Ana, the sensation of his lips on her neck making her feel butterflies roam about in her stomach.
"Mmh why not?" Mumbled Jaxon as he feathered his lips over hers, and rubbing their noses together, he was in love, and he himself couldn't believe it.
"Because, I didn't say yes." She said, as his hands pulled her closer, flushing her body to his, she could feel him, and though she felt nervous of their level of intimacy, she wasn't afraid.
"Mmmh, there are so many ways I could get you to do that." Whispered Jaxon in Ana's ear, then he bit her ear lobe, sending a jolt of excitement through her entire body, causing her toes to curl in her shoes.
"You're so dirty." She chuckled as she began to walk from him, in order to clear her mind before her body's desires got the best of her.
"And you're just naughty." Said Jaxon as he followed her out, silently thanking her before he couldn't control himself any longer.

They reached the car and she looked at him and said "let's go home."

Those words made Jaxon's heart jump.

The ride back to the mansion was quiet, neither of them spoke for a while.

Jaxon was still somehow finding his mind preparing his heart just in case she dropped it and said "forget it, and no "

But then his heart was debating with his mind, saying if Ana hasn't denied him yet. He should remain hopeful.

Jaxon shook his head wanting to laugh, when did he become this person?

His eyes flashed over Ana, who had her head against the window, her eyes looking out onto the dark road.

Of course things changed when she walked into his life.