4- "Kiss and Rose"

*Ana's pnt of view*

It was quiet after my courageous declaration, and I sat mutely waiting for a reaction. Then out of nowhere, Stewart burst into laughter, and I turned around to find him laughing himself stupid, and when I turned back to face Jaxon, he didn't seem to find it as amusing as Stewart, in fact, he was so unimpressed, that his cold eyes stared daggers at me.

"Call Sonya." Was all he said.

 Stewart, still laughing turned with a "Oh man, she told you!" then he left to go fetch this person called Sonya.

It was now so tense, given that the bald eagle was practically invisible, it was only Jaxon and I.

He stared at me, when all of the sudden he smirked, leaned back in his chair, then exhaled calmly as he said, "are you confident about what you just said?"

I found myself gulping at the threat that undertoned his words.

His eyes flicked over to the bald eagle, and he signaled for him to leave, causing a cold fear to envelope me. As soon as the door was closed, and we were alone, he stood up, and made his way towards me, but when he started getting too close, I sprung to my feet, and began backing up. He smirked at my measly attempts to get away from him, as he stalked towards me in a predator-like manner.

One would think that the brightest idea would be for me to walk towards the door, but instead my shaky knees, led me to walk backwards around his desk, and into the wall. When he noticed that I had nowhere else to go, he quickly stepped up to me. My chest was rising and falling quickly, and my palms were becoming sweaty. My eyes locked onto his chest, and refused to look anywhere else.

Suddenly, he placed his large hand at the base of my neck, yet he didn't squeeze. He just left it there. He leaned down and I felt the tip of his nose touch my cheek. The action was unexpected, and a gasp flew past my lips.

"You're afraid of me." He stated, then he kissed my nose with a soft peck.

"Look at me." He said quietly, but I was frozen.
"Look at me." He said a little harsher, and yet, my eyes refused to obey.

His fingers tightened around my throat ever so slightly, and with a gasp, my eyes snapped to his cold blue ones. He seemed satisfied, for the hold around my throat loosened, then he leaned down, he ghosted his lips on mine as he asked "can I get a kiss? Just a simple kiss."

I found myself swallowing a gulp of saliva, before I shook my head in sign of no.

"No?" He teased, as he chuckled softly, "you don't want to kiss me?" He pouted, his lips dancing faintly against mine.

I found my tongue darting out to wet my bottom lip, when the door burst open and an elderly woman came through the door saying "Jaxon? What in heaven's name, you're scaring the poor child. Let her go." Suddenly Jaxon was no longer on me, and I found myself being pulled into a warm embrace.

"I was just having some fun Sonya. But since you've ruined it, you can take her up to her room now. I have work to do anyway, and she's not my type." Said Jaxon as he brushed me off, and my heart fell.

Well then.

"Come on dear. Just ignore him. He's nothing but a big bully." Said Sonya, as she held me in her arms, and led me out of the office, up the stairs, and down the right-wing hall, to my room. Or should I say suite.

Large windows illuminated the room, that was thrice as large as my entire studio. A large king-sized bed, covered in a chocolate brown silk duvet summoned me over, but not before the double door walk-in closet caught my eye.

"Your bathroom is over on your right. The key to the balcony door is in the first drawer of your nightstand. Go ahead and get settled, I'll call you down in a few hours for dinner, and then tomorrow Seymour will send for Jaxon's stylist, and we will have a whole new wardrobe set for you." Said Sonya, as she smiled warmly at me.
"Thank you." I said with a smile, and with a simple nod, Sonya exit and closed the door behind her.

Overwhelmed, I walked over to the bed, and sat down, finally alone, and finally able to think about what the heck just happened downstairs between Jaxon and I. However, before I could even get my thoughts together, a knock came from the door. I carefully stood up and made my way over to the door, once I opened it, I found Stewart standing there, with his arms behind his back, and a smile on his face.

"I think we got off on the wrong foot. I want to apologize for scaring you earlier, and I'd like it if we were friends. I brought you a rose, as a token of my apology and friendship." Said Stewart, as he bowed and presented me a white flower.

I tried to keep a straight face, and I tried even harder to stay mad at him, but I found my lips cracking into as smile at his dramatic acting.

"Neither the apology, friendship, nor rose, is accepted." I stated, trying to pull on a straight face.
"Aww come on. Don't be such a party pooper. I'm sorry, but once Jaxon has his mind set on something, there's no way to change it. He's as stubborn as they come. If you don't want to be my friend, can you at least accept the rose, I got it from Sonya's garden, let's not let the rose go to waste huh." He explained as he grabbed my left hand in a soft manner, opened my palm and placed the rose in my hand. Then he closed my fingers slowly, and held on to my hand as he looked into my eyes and sincerely said "I'm sorry." Then he let go of my hand, and walked away.

I stood at the door for a while just looking at the now empty hallway, Stewart was a strange guy, but what he just did was sweet... I think. Shaking my head, I sighed, and closed the door, then plopped myself down onto the bed, and soon enough I was taken over by sleep.

____________________________________

Hey guys!

So sorry for the late update, but here it is!

So what did you guys think? There was a second heated moment between Jax and Ana, and now, Stewart might get added into the mix. Where do you think this is going to lead to next?

Let me know what you think by VOTING, CONMENTING, AND SHARING.

Lots of ❤❤❤

-Tania.