Chapter 3: Dragon Training

Hey!

I don't really have nothing to say before we start.

Enjoy!

**********************************

The next day.

I did my morning routine, ate, then left to Dragon Training.

I seriously need to get used to this.

"Welcoming to Dragon Training!" Gobber opened the gate and my friends and I walked in. "There's no turning back," said Astrid. "Hmm. This is actually pretty cool," I said looking around.

"Better than this?" asked Snotlout flexing. I fake puked. "Way better." I pushed past him. I brushed my hair out my face. "I hope I get some serious burns," said Tuffnut. "I'm hoping for some mauling like on the shoulder or lower back," said Ruffnut.

"Yeah. It's only fun if you get a scar out of it," I said. "Yeah, no kidding right? Pain. Love it," said someone sarcastically. We all turned and saw Hiccup. "Oh great, who let him in?" asked Tuffnut.

"Let's get started! The recruit who does best will win the honor of killing his first dragon in front of the entire village!" Hiccup and I both jumped at the killing part. "Hiccup already killed a Nightfury, so, does that disqualify him?"

My friends snickered and I rolled my eyes.

They walked off and I came up to Hiccup. "Don't worry Hic, I'll always be by your side." I winked at him and he smiled at me a bit. "Thanks." We caught up with the rest of the group and Gobber went on talking about different dragons.

"And the Gronckle." He put his hand on a lever. "Wait. Aren't you gonna teach us first?" asked a worried Snotlout. "I believe in learning on the job."

BOOM!

Out came a Gronckle and we all ran.

"Today's about survival. If you get blasted, YOU'RE DEAD." The Gronckle had hit the wall then ate some rocks. "Quick, what's the first thing you need?"

"A doctor?"

"Plus five speed?"

"A shield!"

"Shields go!" We all grabbed a shield as Gobber said to. "The most important piece of equipment is your shield. If you must make a choice between a sword or a shield, take the shield," Gobber said helping Hiccup with his. The twins were fighting over a shield making the Gronckle blast it.

"Tuffnut, Ruffnut, you're out!"

"What?"

"Those shields are good for another thing. Noise. Make lots of it to throw off a dragon's aim." We all hit our shields with our weapons while going around the dragon in a circle, making it dizzy.

"All dragons have a limited number of shots. How many does a Gronckle have?" asked Gobber. "Five?" questioned Snotlout. "No six!" corrected Fishlegs. "Correct six, that's one for the both of you!" said Gobber. The Gronckle shot at Fishleg's shield. "Fishlegs, out." He ran away screaming.

I dodged another attack from the Gronckle and saw Hiccup hiding. "Hiccup, get in there!" demanded Gobber. Hiccup shielded himself from the shots and I was now by Snotlout. "So anyway..."

I saw the Gronckle coming. "I moved into my parent's basement, you should come by some time to work out, you look like you work out." I ignored Snotlout and moved out of the way. The dragon shot at his shield. "Snotlout, you're done!"

Hiccup had said something to Astrid but she moved from the dragon's path and it shot Hiccup's shield making him drop it and run away while the dragon chased him. "Hiccup!" I called. I ran in front of the Gronckle, trying to save Hiccup, and it shot my shield.