Chapter 1: Berk

This is where the movie starts!

This book follows the life of my character, not the other characters.

There will be twists and turns unlike how the movie went.

Kaida's POV unless said otherwise.

'word' = thoughts

Enjoy!

*********************************

FIVE YEARS LATER

"DRAGONS!!!"

Right now, I was running through the village during a dragon attack to our blacksmith.

I bet you're wondering what's going on or who am I? Well...

This...

is Berk.

It's twelve days North of hopeless and a few degrees South of freezing to death.

It's located solidly on the meridian of misery.

My village. In a word, sturdy.

It's been here for seven generations but every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets.

The only problem are the pests.

You see, most places have mice or mosquitos. We have...

I dodged a fireball from the creature flying above.

Dragons.

Most people would leave. Not us. We're Vikings, we have stubbornness issues.

I jumped over a pile of logs in the village to still see dragons and Vikings fighting.

My name's Kaida. Pretty name, I know. I got my name from my mom before she "died" back when I was younger.

I hopped down some steps and ran up this bridge on the side and ran into someone.

I saw him throw a rock at a dragon making it fall.

'Poor dragon.'

That's Aron Argeirson, best friend of the chief. He's known for helping capture dragons and defends Berk from dragon raids but no one knows that he's never killed one...

Except for his daughter, me.

That's right. He's my dad. Well, my foster dad.

He looked over to my direction and saw me. "Kaida?! What are you doing out, get inside," he said. I nodded and ran off.

Aron took me in when I came here from my old home. He always wanted a daughter and took good care of me. I've never had a mom since my old one "died".

I don't believe it. I just think she left.

Oh!

I can fight in dragon raids, I just don't always. I never hurt or kill a dragon. I usually just put out fires or help Gothi in her hut since her and my dad are such good friends. I don't kill or hurt dragons ever since Angel back when I was 10. I haven't seen her since but I do carry the picture of her in my pocket wherever I go. Astrid and the other are actually my friends. I don't know how but, that happened.

I ran up the side of the village and saw a dragon light a house on fire.

See.

Lots and lots of new buildings.