19 | MIGUEL?

CHAPTER NINETEEN — MIGUEL?

        "YOU KNOW, I REALLY THINK I SHOULD BE DRIVING THE CAR

"YOU KNOW, I REALLY THINK I SHOULD BE DRIVING THE CAR."

Nala brushed Stiles off, keeping her eyes on the road occasionally checking for Kate's car in the rear view mirror.

"Please, Stiles, as if Derek would trust anyone with his precious camaro except me." Stiles had no choice but to agree with Nala on that one, and even with Nala driving, Derek was most likely still worried about his expensive car.

Looking back, Nala had to do a double take as she realised that the hunters' car had vanised, "They're gone." She said in disbelief, causing the three to exchange confused looks.

Tires screeching as they arrived at the iron works, Derek sprinting towards the car, Nala opened the door, shouting, "Get in!"

Derek jumped into the passenger seat, Scott moving into the back of the car next to Stiles.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott asked, exasperated.

"I had him!" Derek shouted, clearly fuming.

"Who, the Alpha?"

"No, bigfoot. Obviously, the Alpha, dumbass." Nala sassed, rolling her eyes at the two boys in the backseat.

"And then the freaking police showed up." Derek borderline growled, causing Stiles to protest in defence of his father.

"That's all thanks to you dumbasses, by the way. What did I say? Don't tell the cops it was Derek. And what did you do? You told the fucking cops that it was Derek. Another example of Nala's always right and you should listen to her." Nala said, glaring at the boys, Stiles looking down at the floor guiltily.

"How did you find him?" Scott asked, receiving nothing but silence from Derek, "Can you try to trust us for half a second?"

"Yeah, both of us." Stiles butted in,getting him a glare from Derek and Nala, "Or just him, I'll be back here." Stiles cowered into the back seat, sinking his body down.

"Look, the last time I saw my sister,she was close to figuring something out. The first was a guy named Harris-"

"Our chemistry teacher? Why him?" Scott cut Derek off.

"I don't know yet. The second was some kind of symbol." Derek pulled out the crude drawing that Harris had drawn, showing it to Scott, who's eyes widened in recognition.

"You've seen it?" Nala turned around to Scott.

"Yeah, you have too, Nala.

Nala never really took much notice of the necklace that Allison wore, but now that she knew it belonged to the woman responsible for the Hale fire, she couldn't keep her eyes off it as she stood in the hallway with Allison and Lydia.