Chapter Six - Saying Goodbye

Liam shifted on the bed. “Mmm… what’s happening?” My dad’s here? Right now? Oh my God. The phone slipped from my hand and thudded on the floor. Harry’s voice sounded again, “Niall? Are you still there?” I franticly picked it up and uncontrollably shouted at Harry, “I’ll be right there just… wait a sec.”

“Didn’t you hear me say that we’ve already been –”

I turned off the phone and faced Liam. His brown eyes looked at me with such concern. I quickly got dressed and told Liam to do so as well. As he buttoned his shirt (or was that mine?), he didn’t let go of the question probably filling his mind. “What’s going on, Niall?”

“Um… my father’s here…”

“What’s the matter with that?”

I harshly spitted out, “What’s the matter with that? My dad’s going to find out!”

Liam frowned, “Are you saying you don’t want to tell them about me?”

“N-no… that’s not it…”

“Then what is it?”

“It’s just that I don’t want to introduce you this way… I don’t want to drag you to my father and tell him: Hey dad! This is Liam and we had sex last night!” Liam laughed like he found what I just said as unbelievable. “Then don’t tell him about that part! Why do you have to?”

“Even if I did, he’ll see through it.”

Liam’s hand softly brushed on my cheek. But that erase the feeling I was having right now. Panic was slowly eating me up. The images of my father enraged when I tell him about me and Liam appeared vividly in my mind and that made sweat bead up on my forehead. Maybe he’ll be fine with it… maybe not. I wasn’t sure anymore. Adding my father to the already complicated equation of leaving Liam, Zayn, Harry, and Louis so I could study abroad was too much for my Irish brain to handle. My brain was processing so much right now that I barely noticed my stomach growling; only noticing it when it began to hurt. I bit my lip… It was now or never. I looked at Liam, “Just promise me when he doesn’t take it well, you’ll leave as fast as you can…”

“Are you seri –” He got the message that I wasn’t kidding. Liam looked at me, blinking once in a while and then placed a kiss on my temple.

I went for the door and turned the knob slowly. The creak of the door didn’t help in easing the panicky moment and the two of us descended the stairs. I can hear the muffled voices beyond the front door and then I closed my eyes. My hands felt the knob and I gulped. After opening it, I opened my eyes and Louis’ smile greeted me first. “How are ya doin’, mate?” He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me tightly. Their vacation in the country made his skin darker but the same blue eyes I’ve known for some time now greeted me. His smile turned into a smirk upon seeing Liam behind me, most probably thinking of the dirtiest thought he could think of. “Well, Niall, you’ve been busy while we were gone.” Giving me a wink before heaving their luggage into the living room.

The curly one didn’t have smile on his face thought but rather an annoyed look. He quickly slipped pass me before I could hug him. As he darted towards the bathroom, he shouted, “I hate you for making me hold my call of nature but I’ll still cuddle you later once I’m finished using the bathroom!”

Laughter sounded behind me, “I can see why you like them so much…” I turned to face the last figure standing on the doormat, blocking the welcome sign from view. My dad hasn’t changed a bit. Except for the few additional lines on his face, he’s still that man I knew. He quickly took notice of Liam who was standing behind me. “And who might this fellow be?” Liam stiffened a bit and I replied as my mouth was starting to feel dry.