Chapter 33

THANKS SM FOR 9K READS I REALLY DO LOVE YOU GUYS AND IM SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG I WAS WORKING ON....SOMETHING ;;;;;) BUT ANYWAY LOVE YOU!!!💛❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛❤️

Liam pokes his head out of the cell door, looking for some type of outlet out of here to where they could leave without being seen. So far all he's seen is frantic and yelling patients, seemingly louder than when they'd gotten here. Liam notices an opening in the large crowd and waves his hand, signaling for the rest to follow him out of the cell.

Liam cautiously walks out of the cell, everyone else behind him as they passed, the frenzied patients around them. Liam felt a warm hand slip into his, turning to see that it was Zayn's, he looked terrified and his hair was a complete mess, but despite these, Liam smiled, happy to have Zayn back by his side(even if they were in a mental asylum with a bunch of scary people.)

"We've got to get back to the door, I have the key," Louis says but before anyone could answer, the loud speaker echoed through the halls.

"We know you're here. Come out now, and there will be no problems," The speaker boomed.

Louis turned towards Liam, a worried look on his face, "fuck! How'd they find us?" He asks, frantically looking around for an exit. "I-I don't know, maybe we riled up the patients too much," Liam says and Harry taps his shoulder to get his attention, "get down! It's the police." Harry whispered, pointing to the policemen down the hall with tiny flashlights peering around in search for them. Harry pulled them all down so they were crouching but then noticed that Louis was now, nowhere to be seen.

"Lou? Louis!" Harry called in a yell, but got no answer, "fuck, Louis' gone," Harry cursed under his breath. "No, he's over there. With Avery," Zayn pointed out, in a whisper. "Avery? Who's-"

Before Harry could finish his sentence, Louis called out to them.

"Guys! Over here!"

Immediately everyone followed the sound of Louis' voice through the dark crowded hallway until they met up with not only him, but a tall blonde man who towered over Louis.

"He knows a way out," Louis spoke, and they all turned to him. "I-If you've really g-got the key then, th-there's an emergency e-exit back there." Avery stuttered, pointing to a large black door with a fire exit sign.

"Thank you, Avery," Louis said and the tall boy nodded, "n-no problem Louis." And with that, they were off toward the door with the shouts of angry policemen behind them.

They all rushed down the long flight of stairs behind the door, one behind the other, before being greeted with another door, except this one was open. Harry,(who was in the front of the group) stopped abruptly. "Harry go! What are you waiting for?!" Liam yelled not far behind him. "This door leads to the side part of the asylum, not the front where my car is, so we're gonna have to run through the woods." Harry explained, running out of the door. Once they were all out of the asylum, Liam felt a familiar tug at his shirt.

"Can take you back to your house, my pack used to run through here all the time." Zayn spoke, peering off into the familiar dark, wooded landscape. "You sure?" Liam asks and Zayn only nods, his animal instincts surging back into his veins, practically demanding for him to do what he did best, run.

Zayn got down on all fours just as he used to, "follow," he spoke simply.

The other all silently agreed, before gunning after Zayn who had already bolted into the dark woods as fast as he could.

Zayn felt his hands and feet hit the wet grass in a fast sprint, and it felt just as good as it did when he'd run, or rather follow after his pack during his adolescence. Yet, the only thing that was different was that he wasn't behind this time, he wasn't slower or colder, he was faster and stronger. He was the alpha, only now, he'd found a new pack.