Chapter 21

#3 in ziam?! Omggg thank you all so so sooo much for all the support and votes and comments this means so much to me!❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛

"Shit Zayn hold on!" Louis yelled, his right arm wrapped tightly around the boys waist, using his other arm to frantically try and guide the two through the rushing current. Zayn hung on tighter to Louis, the tide spinning them around as they're legs kicked aimlessly under the cold water.
"Branches!" Louis yelled, holding his hand out to grab them but missing and continuing down the river. Louis could feel the water get into his ears, nose, and mouth as he bobbed up and down in the water, he could only imagine how bad it was for Zayn, who he could hear coughing as the water entered his lungs, he sounded like he was drowning, Louis hoped to god he wasn't. "Are you alright Zayn?!" Louis yelled loudly over the rushing waves and Zayn nodded, unable to talk as half of his head was submerged under the water but Louis could still feel his arm squeezing tightly to his waist holding on for dear life, making sure he wouldn't get separated from Louis and float away. Although Louis could barely breathe himself as they sped, down the river to god knows where, he used the small amount of strength he had to pull Zayn up, so one of his arms was around his neck, and his head was on his chest, so his mouth was up and out of the water.

Zayn looked around, his eyes stinging from the river water in them, clouding his vision, he could just barely see the trees of the forest and the small grey rocks they'd rush past as they glided quickly through the perilous stream of choppy waters that seemed to only be getting stronger.

Zayn held out his arm in hopes of grabbing something, anything, to stabilize them, waving it around wildly, and reaching out to false realty,
And was startled when something grabbed him instead.

Zayn blinked his eyes trying to get the water out, only to see his brother looking back at him. His teeth biting Zayn's life vest, keeping them from floating away in the current. Louis took this standstill moment to reach up and pull himself and then Zayn out of the water and onto dry land. Their clothes were soaking wet and sticking uncomfortably to their bodies, making everything squeaky and chafed. "I-Is that a-?" Louis stammered but was caught off guard by Zayn making a terrible retching noise and throwing up all the river water he'd swallowed which, by the looks of it was a lot.

Louis got on his knees, patting Zayn's back as he spit up, trying his best to ignore the fact that there was a wolf right next to him. "Brother!" Zayn shouted weakly after he was done, wiping his mouth then pulled the wild animal into hug. And call him crazy but Louis swears the wolf hugged him back a little. The wolf licked Zayn's face like a big dog "saved us brother!" Zayn praised the animal, rubbing in between his big furry ears. It's coat was jet black and agleam from the water, it was a huge animal, panting with its tongue out revealing his knife-edged teeth, that dripped with a mix of saliva and blood, (probably from a hunt of some sort) that he could easily use to tear Zayn and Louis apart if it wanted to, he didn't understand how Zayn wasn't at least a little bit afraid of it, instead he talked to the animal like it was an old friend, or family member(which he was to Zayn) and the wolf would reciprocate these feeling to Zayn, licking and nuzzling him like he was it's baby or pup.

"Zayn, no offense but your brother's scary as hell." Louis whispered and Zayn pouted a little "not scary, just different" he said and scooted over, grabbing Louis' hand pulling it towards the wolf. "Zayn! Don't let him bite me!" Louis yelled attempting to move his hand back but was to scared to move, he squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for the wolf to bite his entire hand off but was surprised when he only felt a callous tongue lick his hand, it felt like a dogs tongue. "See? Not scary Lou Lou" Zayn said in a cheerful tone, happy that Louis wasn't scared anymore. "Oh, he's kinda nice" Louis said, reaching to pet the wolf between his ears, like he'd seen Zayn do before.

"This is great and all but we're literally lost in the middle of nowhere" Louis says looking out into the forest they'd landed in, the tall trees made it look darker than it was but the dark green lush hue to the leaves was kind of comforting to Zayn as it reminded him of the times he'd run with his pack, tongue out, wind in his hair, the tall trees would look like blurs, because he'd run so fast. "We need to find Harry, Liam, and Niall but I don't think that'll be very easy when there's literally only trees and trees for miles" Louis said, standing up and looking around. "Brother help us find Liam, Niall, and Hazzy!" Zayn says to Louis excitably. Zayn pulled off the wet flannel he had on, it was the red one Liam gave him when they first met, he'd worn it ever since then refusing to let Liam wash it no matter how dirty it got, it smelled like Liam and Zayn didn't want to lose that scent.
"Here, take us to Liam" Zayn said putting the soggy flannel near his brothers snout. The wolf sniffed curiously at the flannel "take us to him brother. Find him." Zayn requested "Zayn that's not going to-
Louis started but was taken aback when the animal had seemed to understand, taking the flannel in his teeth and started walking. "Maybe he can find Harry too" Louis suggested, taking off the jean jacket Harry had leaned to him earlier and putting it to the wolf's nose. The animal sniffed and took the jacket into its large mouth as well as the flannel.

———
"There's no fucking way we'll find them" Harry says placing a hand on his hip as he walked. "Yes we will, they couldn't have gone far." Niall says. They'd been walking for about an hour and everyone was fed up at this point, their feet aches from walking, and no one had a cell phone to call for help. Liam and Harry had resorted to the silent treatment because a fight would undoubtedly start if they so much as said a single word to each other.

"This is bullshit, I'm leaving" Harry grumbled making Niall turn around "Leaving? What do you mean you're leaving." He asks "I mean I'm gonna find them by myself" Harry answered bitterly "but we need to stay together!" Niall yelled but Harry had already walked away.

Harry folded his arms over his chest, grumbling about how he didn't need any help to find them. He continued walking through the thick underbrush of the forest. "This is all Liam's fault" Harry grumbled to himself "we wouldn't even be in this mess if it wasn't for him shoving m-

Harry heard a rustle in the bushes, and immediately stopped walking. "Wh-Who's there?" Harry asks, turning his head all around, trying to pinpoint where the sound had come from.

Harry heard the noise again but this time it was followed by a pair of sharp titian eyes that seemed to glow in the dim forest. The animal emerged from the dark bush it was hiding behind, it's jet coat blending in with the forest behind it. The creature stared Harry down, attempting to get a better smell by moving closer to the boy, but Harry was so frightened he took a step back, trying to distance himself from the wolf.

The animal took another step closer to Harry who took another step back, not thinking about where he was, his foot slipped off the edge of the small cliff they were on, sending him sliding down into the rushing water below.

"Was that Harry!?" Niall yelled

🐾🐺🐾
Sorry this chapters really bad and took so long, as I said before, school has started AND ITS KICKING MY ASS. LIKE WHO TF PUT LETTERS IN MATH??!! any way hope you enjoyed!