Chapter 2

Liam's eyes fluttered open, a warm body cuddled against his, the familiar sound of his phone alarm beeping in his ears and a foul odor in his nose. Liam scrunched his face at the smell, sat up then looked down remembering how he'd let Zayn sleep with him the night before.

Liam stared down at him and placed a hand on his shoulder slightly shaking the sleeping boy. His eyes blinked open at the touch and turned his head up slowly to look at Liam with a squint then stretched out his arms and legs, yawned and closed his eyes again.

"Hey don't go back to sleep Zayn!" Liam said and Zayn let out a tiny growl and curled up more. "Zaaaaayyn!" Liam let out shaking the boy until he finally gave up turning over to look at Liam with a pout then sat up, his messy raven hair sticking out more than usual from the sleeping.

"Thank you" Liam says and ruffled the boys hair getting off the bed. "You smell really bad by the way Zayn we should get you a bath when I get home from school- school! I'm gonna be late!" Liam exclaimed and hurried to his dresser throwing on a hoodie and some black skinnies then turning back to the boy who was still sitting on his bed watching him.

"Alright Zayn just stay here and I'll be back in a little bit!" Liam says running down the steps to the pantry quickly grabbing another box of biscuits, a plate, a bottle of water and heading back to his room.

"Here if you get hungry just eat some of these, you like these, yeah?" Liam explains bending down to pour all of the biscuits on to the plate and rolling the water bottle over to him. "Drink that if you get thirsty" Liam said but judging by his puzzled expression he didn't know how to. "Umm ok so you just-agh never mind!" Liam says trying to teach Zayn how to drink out of it but gave up and grabbed the bottle running back downstairs to grab a bowl and pouring the water in and carefully making his way back up to Zayn placing the bowl in front of him.

"Can you drink from that?" Liam asks out of breathe from running up and down all the stairs. Zayn bends down licking at the water. Liam looked down at the boy confused as to why he was so strange and acted like a dog all the time, maybe he was pretending or maybe he had a disorder or something Liam honestly didn't know, but he wanted to.

"Anyways I'm going to leave for a few hours but I'll be back in a bit I promise" Liam bends down getting eye level with the boy who looked very confused and ruffled his messy hair making it even messier in the process.

Liam then grabbed his backpack and locked his door walking out and closed it behind him leaving Zayn all alone. And he hated being alone.

The small boy let out a sad whimper as he had understood the word "leave" and didn't want Liam to go. He supposed it was just him again, the boy had left him, his pack left him, now it was just him, alone in a room.

Zayn decided to mark his territory as this place was his now, lifting up his leg and peeing on the floor then laying down on the floor beside the small puddle that he had just made.

It was quiet, the only sound being the faint chirp of birds outside the window.

Zayn didn't like quiet, so he made some noise.

Getting on all fours he walked over to a desk and knocked a small lamp off the table and then an open water bottle and then pushing some papers off the desk and going over to the bed using his teeth to rip the sheets off before running over to a clothes bin and using his teeth to throw the clothes around the room making a huge mess, paper sheets and clothes everywhere.
Then panting with his tongue out. Making a mess can tire one out very quickly. So Zayn crawled over to the plate of biscuits and started eating them and although they were good it didn't distract him from how sad and alone he felt. He hated being alone.