"You don't snore, but you do have a tendency to sigh before you shift around in bed." He laughed.

"How...you remember that?"

"Of course. You would let out a breathless sigh before doing a little shimmy. You were quite the cuddlier."

"Damn, I knew I was a cuddlier. If I get too clingy just nudge me back to my spot."

"Why would I do that?"

"Don't get any ideas, sly guy. Remember the rules."

"Rules are I couldn't touch you, there's nothing about you touching me and before you think about it, you're not adding it to your stupid rules."

"You'll be the death of me."

"Maybe in bed but other than that I will be your reason to live."

I rolled my eyes but he may be right. If this goes well for us that he will be my reason for living. I planted a quick kiss on his cheek before snuggling into bed. I watched as he turns to turn off his bedside lamp and snuggle into bed. We both faced each other awkwardly, daring for one of us to turn away first.

"Goodnight love," Dominic whispered.

"Goodnight Dom." I closed my eyes gently, the exhaustion pulled me into a deep sleep. Before my body shut down completely, I felt a tug and instant heat. A smile grew on my face as I snuggled closer to Dominic's body.

---------

Soft jazz music woke me up from a dark slumber. A small bright flash of light peaked through the black curtains, blinding my sight.

I groaned loudly and felt a shift under my head. It was Dominic. The light scent of Dior body wash filled my noise. I lifted my head from the warm hard surface I was laying on to discover Dominic under me. His shirt was completely off but thankfully his sweatpants remained intact. His arms were wrapped tightly around my waist, his strong hands resting pleasantly on my butt. Clearly, he's breaking my hands-off rule but from the looks of things, I broke that rule as well. My hands were wrapped around his torso and my legs were wrapped around his waist in a death grip. There was no way I was letting this man go.

My first thought was trying to unravel myself before Dominic woke up. His eyes were still shut and his breathing was even and deep, I could hear his soft snores. I still had time before he wakes up from a deep sleep. I started with my legs. I unwrapped one leg fully from his body before moving the next leg. My arms however needed more skill to release. My fingers were tightly pressed under Dominic's body, I would have to pull them out from under him without him feeling anything. 

"You waited too long to move your hands. I'm awake and you've been caught spider monkey." My head shot up to see Dominic face still appearing like he's sleeping but with a wide smile on his face.

"How long have you been up?" I pulled my hands from underneath him and turned over to my side of the bed. I watched Dominic open his beautiful eyes and pull himself up on the bed. 

"5 minutes before you woke up. I've never slept in so late before, it was a new experience for me." I turned to the nightstand to look at the alarm clock. It was only 10 in the morning, that is barely sleeping in.

"10 am is late to you? I would hate to see what time you deem as a respectable hour for you."

"6 am. I have to be in my office by 9 am. I slept in a whole 4 hours beyond my wake up time. That is rare."

"You should have set an alarm then, I didn't hear anything go off this morning."

"I never needed an alarm, I was always programmed to wake up at 6 am no matter what day it is or where I was."

I glanced over at Dominic one more time before getting up. He didn't have to explain any more to me. I knew that I was the reason why he slept in. The same reason why last night was the best sleep I've had in 4 years is the same reason why he overslept. We are so used to sleeping alone and on our guard for so long that the moment we shared a night together, our bodies finally relaxed. Every night I prayed that I wouldn't have to leave my family and I know Dominic worked from morning to night that even in his sleep he's still working. We've connected deeply since we restarted our relationship, it's clear that our physical connection is strong but the emotional connection is still up in the clouds.

"Despite our tangled situation this morning, I slept well. I slept better than well. So we can try this out again but let's try to keep the boundaries up. I don't want this to be a habit."

"Tell that to your legs spider monkey. The moment you closed your eyes your legs wrapped around me like I'm some wounded gazelle. You were ready to devour me."

"You must have done something to interrupt my sleep But we can discuss this later, we have many things to do before my family and friends arrive tomorrow."

This surprise threw me off guard and schedule. Dominic and I have many things to do before the engagement party this weekend. Basically, every detail has been ordered and arranged but the party is the least of my worries. I want my entire family here so I can explain my decision to them. I hope they'll be able to understand and accept my decision to marry Dominic.