21 - Reaching Conclusions

"Hello everypony, and thank you for joining us today," Twilight addressed the room

Fluttershy looked out into the audience. Thankfully, it was a fairly small gathering. When she and Twilight had come out as gay, they had invited a lot of ponies, even allowing guests. They had wanted to come across as very open, eagerly welcoming anypony who might need to talk to them about their own problems. This time they just wanted to avoid any immediate negative reaction, hoping the tone of acceptance would be followed by others as the story spread. Everypony present was personally chosen by Luna to ensure the best possible reaction.

"I know a lot of rumors have been going around about the mare standing with Fluttershy and me." Twilight gestured to Sunset, who smiled smugly and waved. Fluttershy couldn't help but envy how effortless Sunset made it look, while Fluttershy herself was huddled as close as possible to Twilight, dreading the thought that anypony might ask her something. "We've mentioned this before, but I'd like to formally introduce her before continuing with our other matter. Following my engagement to Fluttershy, we decided it was the right time to form our own royal guard, even if it does only consist of the five ponies here with us today. Sunset Shimmer serves as our guard's captain."

There were a few photos taken, but it wasn't exactly surprising information to anypony. They had been asked about Sunset frequently, and several news sources had already reported on her role, even if this was the first time she was officially introduced.

"There have been a lot of things said about us, with one prevailing theory being that I've been cheating on Fluttershy with her, which is of course ridiculous. The truth of the matter is that the three of us decided to enter a triad relationship, in which the three of us are all dating each other."

As was expected, everypony's interest soared. Fluttershy instinctively pressed closer to Twilight in response to the questions and flashing lights of the cameras. As she felt Twilight's foreleg slide around her she looked over to see Sunset was doing the same thing; she was pressed tightly against Twilight's other side, while Twilight's other foreleg wrapped around her. At first Fluttershy thought that Sunset was just as nervous as she was, but as she watched Sunset smile and wave for the camera, she realized that her marefriend was masking Fluttershy's fear by making it look like a display of affection. She did her best to imitate Sunset, smiling feebly and giving a small wave somewhere in the general direction of the cameras.

While ponies asked their questions, Fluttershy just did her best to hold it all together. She was eager to run away and hide in the back with their friends. She reminded herself that nopony expected her to say anything, and that it would all be over soon enough.

Sunset, on the other hoof, readily joined Twilight in answering questions. They were asked about how their relationship came to be, how they would define it, how it affected the wedding, if it would be possible for all three of them to get married.

"That's not something we've discussed," Twilight answered. "At the moment, however, marriage to more than one pony is not possible in accordance to Equestrian law."