02 - Forever

"What about this one?"

"Looks good."

Twilight examined the dress she was levitating. It did look nice, but she didn't really think it was perfect. "I don't know. Don't you think it's a little... flashy?"

Sunset let her head fall into her hooves. She was lying on Twilight's bed while the alicorn went through her closet and looked like she regretted ever agreeing to help. "Twi, you said the last one wasn't flashy enough."

"No, I said it was too plain." Twilight ignored Sunset's irritation and went back to moving clothes around. She tried to find some new way that she could still use them to look her best for a mare that had already seen her in every one of them time and again. "I'm starting to reconsider this one."

"That looks nice."

"Sunset, I haven't even shown it to you yet!"

Sunset groaned and lifted her head. "Are you like this before every date? No wonder Spike's hiding."

"Not every date, but tonight is special," Twilight said. Tonight was very important, although she couldn't say why.

"She's going to love whatever you wear," Sunset said. "You might have noticed she's kinda already crazy about you. Seriously, how long have you two been together?"

"It'll be two years in a couple of moons."

Sunset threw her hooves up dramatically. "Then why the hell are you still worried about what to wear on a date? What, are you afraid Fluttershy'll break up with you if you don't look perfect?"

Twilight's ears folded back and she cast her eyes towards the ground. "No, I just... Sunset, please. This is important to me."

Sunset sighed and got off the bed, and for a second Twilight thought she was going to leave the room. Instead she walked to the closet. "Go wait on the bed."

"But I –"

"Sit your ass on the bed. You wanted my help, you got it."

Twilight skeptically agreed, mostly out of curiosity to see what Sunset was going to do. After a minute, Sunset walked out levitating a deep purple halter dress. "Put this on."

"Are you sure? I think it might be a bit much." It was certainly more seductive than what Twilight normally preferred. In fact, although Rarity had designed it especially for her, Twilight had never worn it out.

"Humor me." Sunset turned away to give Twilight some privacy while she dressed. Twilight rolled her eyes and wondered how much longer Sunset would keep up the human ideal of clothing.

"Okay, it's on. But I'm really not sure about this one." Twilight examined her reflection. She didn't look like herself.

"That's because we're not done yet, go sit on that stool." Sunset pointed to Twilight's small vanity table.