Chapter Thirty-Two

Virgil's heart was pounding in his chest, but adrenaline was rushing through is veins as he ran toward the giant snake with the prince on his back. The snake hissed and swung its tail down to try and crush them, but he dodged it and jumped on it, digging his claws in as he ran up the body of the beast.

Deceit howled at the feeling, whipping his head around to try and bite at him, but Roman was there to slash through his cheek. He screeched as black blood dripped from the cut.

The anxious Side continued to fight his way up, trying to give the prince the a clear shot at the snake's neck. When a Side took the form of another creature in the Imagination, killing them in creature form only drastically injured their real form. Killing Deceit while he was a snake would mean turning him back to his Side form so they could send him back to the Dark Mind Palace.

"Virgil, look out!"

He looked up at the last minute to see Deceit's head coming straight toward him. He reared, trying to scratch at the snake, but he collided with the tiger's stomach, knocking the wind out of him and sending him plummeting to the ground. Roman managed to jump off and dig his sword into the snake's body to prevent himself from falling.

Virgil hit the ground hard, gasping at the dull pain that spread through his body. Come on, get up, he thought to himself as he tried to force his way onto his feet. You have to help Princey.

The prince was gripping onto his sword that was embedded in the snake's scales, desperately trying to pull himself back into a position that would give him control over his movements. The tiger was struggling to his feet, making worry shoot through him. He couldn't lose both of them.

"Well well well," Deceit hissed as he began to coil himself around the creative Side. "What did I tell you Roman? You can't win against me alone, and here you are, all alone again."

The prince struggled against the constricting coils of the snake, grunting as it grew harder to comfortably breathe. "You keep saying that," he gasped out, wincing. "But you're bleeding a whole lot more than I am."

"Doesn't change the fact that you can't defeat me," the snake cackled.

Virgil leapt up, digging his teeth into the snake's body. He howled and released Roman as he uncoiled to face his other attacker. The tiger was crouched, growling as the snake bared its fangs.

The creative Side recovered, raising his sword from behind Deceit. "You! Just stay down! You can't beat me! You've tried before!" the snake hissed.

The tiger growled and prepared to launch himself at the beast as Roman readied to leap up and stab the snake through the head. The only problem was that Deceit wouldn't stop moving. If Virgil attacked, the prince wouldn't be in range to jump onto his head.

"You got no power here, Virgil," the snake taunted.

Suddenly the beast froze up, a dark red glow forming around him. The tiger and prince both stopped, confused until a voice spoke up.

"But I do."

Virgil whipped his head around to see Namor, barely standing, with his hands raised and glowing red. He was bleeding and bruised, looking as though he was going to collapse. Both the prince and the tiger felt fear, pride, and worry rush through them from looking at him. The dark prince flashed a pained but determined smile at the tiger.

"What the hell?!" the snake struggled to say.

Namor winced as he shook with the effort of keeping him still. "G-Get him, I can't-" he gasped and sputtered. "I can't hold h-him for long..."

Virgil wanted to run to him and help him, but he nodded and forced himself to turn away. He couldn't let his efforts go to waste.