Chapter Six

Roman was cradling the kitten with a smile on his face as he headed back into the common room. He stopped in the doorway upon seeing the elder Sides already waiting for them. A smirk found its way onto his face at the way they were looking into each other's eyes.

"What did you want to tell me?" Logan asked quietly, giving the Dad-like character chills.

Virgil's eyes widened. They'd walked in while Patton was trying to confess his feelings to his crush. The kitten squirmed out of the prince's arms, wanting to stop him before he did so. He knew he wouldn't want the two of them in the room, and Roman wouldn't make his presence known before he confessed.

The kitten meowed as loud as he could, making the two Sides jump in surprise. "Oh! Hey there little kitty!" Patton said, reaching down to pet him as Roman entered the room. There was a glimmer of disappointment in his eyes as they turned to start the movie. He leaned over to Logan, murmuring quietly. "I'll tell you later."

Virgil sighed in relief, knowing the Dad-like character would've hated having to confess with them watching them. When the prince sat down, he jumped up into his lap before he realized what he did. His skin grew warm as he laid his head down on his leg and purred as Roman ran his fingers through his fur.

"He's certainly taken a liking to you, hasn't he?" Logan commented as Morality awed at the sight. The logical Side was holding the remote and searching Netflix for a movie they could watch.

"Does he have a name?" Patton asked happily.

Roman nodded, smiling warmly as he looked down at the kitten. "Yeah, his name's Storm," he said. "And I guess he has taken a liking to me. Oh, by the way, Virgil's in the Imagination, so I didn't want to disturb him. I'll talk to him tomorrow to make sure he knows we wanted him here."

Virgil purred at that, jumping up to bump noses with the prince. Patton squealed as Roman chuckled a little; even Logan cracked a smile at the notion. "He seems appreciative that we include Virgil in our activities," he pointed out, raising an eyebrow at the kitten.

He has to know. He wouldn't keep looking at me so suspiciously if he didn't know, Anxiety thought to himself as he curled up on Princey's lap.

"Well, what do you want to watch guys?" Patton questioned as they continued to browse the options. "Oh! How 'bout 'The Road to El Dorado'? I love that movie!"

The three of them were in agreement, Logan selecting the movie. With a snap of Roman's fingers, the lights were turned off, and they got comfortable. What this meant for the prince as laying back with a sigh as he continued to unknowingly pet Virgil on his lap. In the darkness of the room, Patton scooted a little closer to Logic, leaning into him.

Logan gasped almost inaudibly, turning his head a little to look down at him where his head rested on his shoulder. He smiled a tiny bit and inconspicuously wrapped an arm around him by the waist. Morality smiled wide as he focused his gaze on the movie despite blushing.

Roman eyed the exchange with a smile, a small pang of longing in his chest. As adorable as the two of them were, it made the prince saddened to see, wanting relationship of his own. He was the romantic Side of Thomas after all, he was always longing for a relationship. He sighed, wishing Virgil was there. He blinked in surprise at himself. I wish Virgil was here? I mean, yeah, he's my friend, but why did that thought come up while thinking about relationships? he thought, heat rising to his cheeks. Oh no, I'm not crushing on Anxiety. That's not possible. I believe him to be a friend of mine now and nothing more.

Virgil, unaware of his thoughts, purred and cuddled closer to the prince. His heart was fluttering as he savored the feeling of being liked by him, knowing that though he'd be polite, he wouldn't be truly nice to him when he changed back.

The fanciful Side smiled at the kitten, shaking away his troubling thoughts. Movie night was a time to relax and enjoy each other's company, and he would be sure to spend some time with Virgil tomorrow to make up for the lost time.