Chapter 44 | Final Chapter

Chapter 44

       I didn't know why I was actually nervous for tonight. I had done so many orchestra recitals in the past and during those, the orchestra was the main focus meaning there was a higher chance that people would focus solely on me.

       There were even some recitals were I did a solo piano piece so I was the sole focus. 

       And of course, I did get nervous then. It was natural. I'd be surprised if I wasn't nervous during my recitals.

       But for some reason, I was extremely nervous for tonight, even more nervous than I had ever been for any of my recitals. And I didn't understand why. The main focus was going to be on the cast, not the orchestra. We were just providing the soundtrack for them.

       I had even been part of a recital that was in a venue holding a lot more seats than the city hall.

       Those of us who were in the orchestra were already sitting on our seats while waiting for the musical to begin. Grant was the only one who wasn't on his seat since he was sitting beside me at the piano.

       "Have you ever felt this nervous before a performance?" I asked Grant.

       "I don't get nervous," Grant said. "I can't wait to perform. Everyone will have their eyes on me, wondering who the attractive violinist is."

       I sighed. "You're the wrong person to ask if you're nervous."

       "Hey, just because I don't get nervous doesn't mean it's wrong for you to be nervous," Grant said, placing his hand on my shoulder. "I just like being the centre of attention so of course I'm not going to get nervous."

       "You're not even going to be the centre of attention," I said. "All the actors are. They're the ones that will be singing and acting."

       "But without us, they'll have nothing to sing to and they'll have to do it a cappella," Grant said. "And of course I'm going to be centre of attention. I'm a very attractive person so people would rather look at me than everyone else."

       I chuckled. "You're an unbelievable person."

       "I know," Grant said. "But that's why you love me."

       "That's questionable," I said.

       "You really wound me, Oliver," Grant said, placing his hand over his heart. "I'm very wounded. My heart is breaking right now. It's completely broken."

       I rolled my eyes. "You're so dramatic."

       "You're dramatic too considering you broke up with me so many times," Grant said.

       "I'm pretty sure you broke up with me more times than you broke up with me," I said.

       "No, I'm pretty sure it's the other way around," Grant said. "Because I love you too much to break up with you."

       "So you're saying I don't love you enough?"

       "Yes."

       Was it bad that I sometimes didn't even get my own relationship with Grant? Sometimes, we said stuff that could seem insulting if other people said it but for us, it was just a huge joke that we did.

       I didn't know why it was so amusing but it was.

       Ms Parth walked over to us. "Grant, we're about to start so you have to go to your seat."

       "Okay," Grant said. He gave me a quick kiss before getting up from the bench. "You're going to do great, Ollie. You're the best pianist I know and it's rare for you to mess up."