Chapter 7: Drunk Ollie Supply Kit

       I made a huge mistake.

       My whole life I was making a boatload of mistakes that I knew better than to do but for some reason, I still couldn't stop myself. I never could. Once an idea was in my mind, it was hard for me to just forget about it and do what was right.

       And right now, I was clearly in the wrong.

       Especially since today was the group presentation in science class.

       I couldn't help what I did. I was starting to think I should just delete all my social media because every time I went on it, I came across something from the LM Conservatory of Music that only made me feel more ashamed with my life.

       So now, I was probably going to end up letting down my group.

       I think I also had to stop going home for lunch as well. It wasn't like I didn't have anyone to spend lunch with; Vikram and Hennessy were always asking if I wanted to eat with them, plus Grant, but I still went home for lunch.

       The biggest mistake of my life.

       To make sure I got to school on time with my inevitable stumbling while I was walking, I left my house a lot earlier than I normally did so I did get back to school well before the first bell to end lunch were to ring.

       I really needed the fresh air so I found a place on school grounds to just sit down and relax before I had to go to class and probably make a fool out of myself.

       I was a horrible person.

       "You have got to be kidding me," someone suddenly said so I looked up to see Grant. "You really can't be left on your own, can you?"

       "What are you talking about?" I asked.

       Grant didn't immediately replied. Instead, he just sat down beside before he started talking again. "You really shouldn't play dumb with me. I told you, my dad was drunk every single day. I can recognize when someone is just the slightest bit tipsy. You do remember that we have a presentation today, right? In your dad's class?"

       I sighed and rested my head back against the school wall. "Just say what you want to say."

       "And what do you think I want to say?" Grant asked.

       "That I'm a horrible, selfish person for drinking before the group presentation," I said. 

       "I don't think you're a horrible, selfish person," Grant said. "As much as you really should be considerate with when you drink, if you drink at all, I'm not going to bash you for it. I just... really wished you would try to stop. I don't want to see you, or anyone else, have their lives damaged because they can't stop."

       "That's the thing, Grant," I said. "I can't stop."

       "You can't? Or you won't?" Grant asked.

       "What's the difference?"

       "Not being able to and not even bothering to try." He opened his backpack and pulled out a water bottle before handing it to me. "Here, have some water. I know it won't magically make you sober but it will help. And..." He pulled out a small bag of peanuts. "You should eat too."

       I snorted but I still took both the water bottle and the bag of peanuts from him. "What, do you happen to carry a 'Drunk Ollie Supply Kit' in your bag?"