Chapter 4: The Orchestra

       I really hated working on the group project for Dad's class. I wouldn't have mind as much if we only had to work on it during class but we weren't given much class time, especially when I had a pair of siblings in the group who were always argued.

       We were barely getting any work done during class so we really had to meet up after school.

       I'd much rather go home and rest.

       "So where are we going to meet after school?" Hennessy asked. We still had five minutes for class to end so we now deciding where to meet up since we weren't working on the project right now anyway.

       "We can meet up at the library," Vikram said.

       "No thanks," Grant said. "I'd rather not be in the school longer than I have to."

       "Then what about the public library?" Hennessy asked.

       "That would be a great place but I'm kind of banned from there," Grant said.

       I snorted. "No surprise there."

       Grant glared at me as Vikram said, "We can always just go to one of our houses. Well, not mine. My older sister always tried to interfere with my schoolwork and gives me completely wrong advice."

       "We can go to our house," Hennessy said.

       "Uh, no, we can't," Grant said.

       Hennessy furrowed her eyebrows. "Why not?"

       "Because Mom's book club is meeting at our house," Grant said. "And you know how nosy they are with our personal lives. I try to avoid them as much as I could."

       "Oh, right," Hennessy said.

       All three of them then looked at me for a reply. "Do we have to meet at one of our houses?" I asked. "Isn't there a cafe or... Anywhere else?"

       "Well, the cafe is actually a good place to work," Hennessy said.

       "Not for me," Grant said. "I don't have any money right now and I'll be tempted with all the food around me."

       "You know, things would be a lot easier if you stop disagreeing with everything I suggest," Hennessy said. 

       "I don't know, I kind of agree with Grant," Vikram said. "For once. It's hard sitting in a cafe when I don't have any money and my allowance is gone for the week."

       If we kept this pace, we were never going to find somewhere to meet up after school so in the end, I sighed before saying, "Fine, we'll just go to my house after school."

       "Are you sure?" Hennessy asked. "If you don't want us to, I'm sure you can find a place."

       "No, it's fine," I said. "We'll probably never decide on a place so it will just be easier to work on the project at my house."

       I just didn't want to argue about this anymore because I was starting to get a headache. I really think Dad did put me in this group because of my arrest even though I was already finished with my grounding.

       Since we finally decided on a place, we also agreed to meet in front of the school so I could show them where I lived.

       The bell rang so everyone got up to leave but the first thing I did was go over to Dad's desk to tell him my group was going to meet at our house after school. I was only hoping the meeting wouldn't take too long but with my group, I could never be too sure since we could never decide on anything.