Chapter Eight

XXXXXXXXX

Chapter Eight

XXXXXXXXX

Today was the big day, we were going into battle and everyone was loading the cars. Somehow, Quinn had managed to get us all black government issued SUV's.

"How'd she do it?" I asked Leslie, staring at the cars.

"She's a miracle worker that girlfriend of mine." Leslie said with a smile.

Nodding my head, I turn to look at her. "I'll see you soon, be safe?"

"I will. You be safe too." Leslie turned to me. "Keep me notified on the radios?"

"Of course, Louis will be staying behind to help you along with Emily and Raven." I tell her softly.

Leslie nodded. "Quinn says good luck and don't get killed. She'd like to get to know you."

Smiling, I hug Leslie quickly. "I'll try." I say before making my way over to Lauren, my bow strapped to my back along with the cylinder holding all of my arrows.

Lauren was sitting on a box with her back to me, polishing her blade. Her gun sat beside her. I don't know why she insisted on cleaning it, it's just going to get dirty.

"Laur, we're ready to go." I say softly.

Lauren jumped. She nearly cut herself with the sword. She seemed nervous.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask softly, placing my hands on her shoulders.

"Yeah. Just a little jumpy, that's all." Lauren said. She swallowed.

Kissing her cheek, I take a deep breath. "Just think, after this we can be together fully with no problems."

Lauren smiled. "I can't wait. I have to load my gun."

"Load it in the truck, everyone's ready to go." I whisper in her ear.

Lauren nodded. She put her sword in its holster and grabbed her gun and ten packets of bullets.

Halfway there

Taking a deep breath, I turn to look at Lauren. "I love you."

"I love you too" She pecked my lips.

Cupping her cheek, I pull her into a longer kiss.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and smiled into the kiss.

Pulling away, I look into her eyes. "Be safe." I say softly before getting out of the SUV, me and the rest of the crossbow wielders were head to the tops of buildings with our team of snipers.

Lauren rolled down the window. "Camila, be safe too." She said.

"I will." I call back softly before heading toward the building I would be on with Emma who had the sniper.

"I'm extremely nervous." Emma said, turning back and watching the car drive away.

Nodding my head, I take a deep breath. "We have to hurry." I say before heading toward the fire escape and quickly begin climbing up it.

When we got to the top we quickly set up our equipment.

"We just have to wait for Quinn's sister's signal." I tell Emma, setting up the scope on my crossbow so I can see.

"Yup." Emma nodded. "What's her name again? I can't remember. She wasn't at any of the parades, was she?"

Biting my lip, I try to think. "Um Dianna or something."

"Yes, that's it!" Emma snapped her fingers. "Dianna."

Nodding my head, I shift slightly and look through my scope.