Chapter Seven

XXXXXXXXX

Chapter Seven

XXXXXXXXX

"We leave tomorrow at first light." Dinah says softly as we are sparring.

"Tomorrow." I responded as I avoided her kick.

Dinah dodges my punch and takes a deep breath. "Are you ready for this?"

"Maybe, I don't know." I told her honestly.

"I think you're ready." Dinah responds softly.

"I don't know." I repeated.

We decided to take a break.

"I'm going to check on Leslie." I said before walking off to the makeshift medical center.

Walking over to Leslie, I squeeze her hand. "Hey,"

"Hey." Leslie looked up, she sighed.

"How is she?" I ask softly, glancing toward Quinn.

"She's just extremely tired." Leslie said. She looked back at Quinn.

Nodding my head, I kiss her forehead. "Why don't you stay here with her tomorrow?"

"I'm supposed to be there." Leslie said. "If she can't then I have to."

"Only if you're sure, I mean we'll have her sister there." I tell her softly.

"I have to do it for her." Leslie said. "She really wanted to be there, y'know." She turned to look at me. "She doesn't want to be afraid of her parents anymore."

Nodding my head, I squeeze her hand. "I know, but she's going to need someone here that can protect her while she's down."

Leslie swallowed. "I don't know anymore." She whispered. She looked down at her hands. "I couldn't protect her from her father. How am I supposed to protect her from the guards?"

"You weren't there, and I've seen your skills." I tell her softly.

"What if she gets even more hurt?" Leslie asked. "What if they kill her? Camila, I can't live without her."

"That's why I need you to protect her, because I can't lose you either." I respond.

"And I can't lose you." She looked up.

"I'll be safe, I promise. I'll be with Lauren." I tell her softly.

Leslie stared at me.

"We'll have those headsets that Liam and Harry invented. We can stay in contact." I tell her, squeezing her hand.

"I know." Leslie nodded.

A quiet groan came from Quinn's mouth and she shifted on the bed.

"I'll let you be alone with her." I said before leaving the room and going to find Lauren.

Lauren was sitting on the bed in our room reading a book.

"Hi," I say softly as I climb onto the bed, kissing her gently.

"Hi." She breathed against my lips.

Pulling away, I place a gentle kiss on her neck. "Tomorrow is going to be a big day, I was thinking we could spend today together."

Lauren nodded. "If you want to." She said casually. "How was Leslie?"

"She's fine, worried about Quinn and tomorrow." I respond, shifting so I'm straddling her hips.

"Who wouldn't be? I'm worried too." Lauren admitted.

Nodding my head, I lean down and kiss her slowly and passionately.

Lauren hummed against my lips, smiling. She dropped her book, losing her place, and wrapped her arms around my neck.

Deepening the kiss, I shift above her and run my tongue along her bottom lip.