Chapter Six

XXXXXXXXX

Chapter Six

XXXXXXXXX

I've been training with them for a while now and turns out I'm better with a bow and arrow, they had Jennifer Lawrence teach me so they had enough people.

"Hey, we're going to battle in a few months." Lauren says as she climbs onto my bed.

I swallowed. "Are we ready? I mean really ready?"

"I believe we are." She says with a soft smile as she runs a hand through my hair.

"Am I ready? I've never killed a person before. I'm not a very threatening person, y'know." I said.

Kissing my forehead, Lauren looks into my eyes. "You're ready, and I've never killed anyone before either."

"I don't want you to become a killer." I reached up and pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. "Ever."

"To do this, I'll have to." She tells me softly, kissing my lips gently.

"I don't want you to." I whispered against her lips.

Pulling away, she runs a hand through my hair once more. "It's our only chance to survive."

"I know." I sighed. "I just wish it didn't have to be this way."

Nodding, Lauren leans in and kisses me again.

I gently cupped her cheeks and smiled against her lips.

Our kiss quickly grows heated and Lauren pulls me even closer.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and tangled her fingers in my hair.

Gasping, I gently grip onto her hips.

After a few minutes we pull away and Lauren smiles at me. "Let's go eat."

I smiled and nodded. "Let's go eat."

Getting up, Lauren holds her hands out for me. "Come here."

I stood up and took her hand. "This is nice." I told her. "We can be free here."

"I agree." She says as she leads me out of our room and toward the dining area.

We collected our meals and sat beside Leslie, who was by herself. Quinn has gone home for the week to see her mother. She also had to be part of the president meeting.

"I really missed you last week." I said to Lauren as I took a bite of my toast.

Lauren had gone to see her parents and ever since she got back she'd been acting a little different. She wouldn't change in front of me. She'd wince when I rub her back, things like that.

"I missed you too, but don't worry. I'm not going there anymore." She responds, pulling me close but wincing slightly.

"Are you sure you're okay? You keep wincing and you won't let me touch your back." I asked worriedly.

Sending me a soft smile, Lauren leans in and kisses me. "I'm fine."

"You promise?" I asked, not really believing her.

"I promise." She responds.

"Ugh, you guys are disgusting." Normani mumbles, she was really missing Dinah who had to go back to school again.

"Well, you're mean." I shot back at Normani.

Rolling her eyes, Normani goes back to eating.

"Hey Laur," Zayn says, sitting in the chair beside her.

"Hi, Zayn." Lauren responded with a smile.

I couldn't help but glare at Zayn jealously, I mean it wasn't hard to tell he had a crush on my girlfriend.

Lauren focused her attention on her food.

Leslie sat across from us in silence, pushing her food around on the place with her fork.

Sighing, I push my plate away and stand up, heading back to mine and Lauren's room.