Rosé: Flame

"So are you free tonight?" You caught up with Chaeyoung after seeing her exit her class.

"Depends" Chaeyoung smirked.

"On what?" You looked at her, confused.

"On whether you'll be asking me out or not" Chaeyoung smiled, which was followed by you blushing. It's not that you haven't asked her out yet, it's just that whenever you were about to, something always comes up.

"Well then" You cleared your throat, "Miss Park Chae Young, will you do me the honour of going out with me tonight?" You stood infront of her, making her stop in her tracks. She put her finger on her chin, playfully mimicking a thinking face. You rolled your eyes.

"Ummm.. I don't know.. I'm quite busy tonight.." Chaeyoung replied, still 'thinking'.

You narrowed your eyes and simply answered, "Oh well" as you shrugged and turned to leave, just to tease her.

"No wait! I'm free tonight!" Chaeyoung suddenly shouted as she grabbed your arm. You laughed at her reaction. She pouted at you.

Truth was, you and Chaeyoung weren't exactly dating.. yet. But you both knew you had feelings for each other. And, being the school's ultimate power couple, the whole school basically knows it too. So, no one dared threaten your sort-of-relationship until..

"Ji Hee!" You stopped in your tracks after seeing someone very familiar exit the teacher's office.

Your former best friend, Park Ji Hee, turned around, confused at first, but immediately put her hand over her mouth as she too, saw her childhood friend.

She ran up to you and gave you a tight squeeze. You remembered the last time you saw each other, you were at the airport, 10 years ago, bidding farewell to each other. You remembered how you couldn't let go of her, to the point where your parents needed to physically pry you both off of each other because they were running late. A sense of familiarity and comfort washed over you.

Students around were making weird faces, wondering why on earth was the popular student hugging the new student like that, but you didn't care because your attention, ALL your attention, was on Ji Hee and not on a particular girl who was boiling with anger beside you.

"Omg Y/N!" Ji Hee squealed.

"Geez Ji Hee, i see your squeals are still the same" You teased as you jokingly covered your ears.

"Oh come on, give me a break, i haven't seen you in so long, I'm allowed to get excited" She punched your arm.

"Yeah yeah, you're a new student here?" You asked as you motioned for her to take a walk with you.

"Yeah.. I moved from..." Was all Chaeyoung heard as she saw you and Ji Hee walk away, not to mention you had your arm around her shoulders. The chemistry between you and Ji Hee made Chaeyoung want to run a bus over you both. She was raging with jealousy, like crazy.

~×~

"...and this is Chaeyoung" You introduced as you motioned for Ji Hee to sit at your table during lunch. Chaeyoung didn't so much as to side glance the both of you. She was really, really pissed.

You introduced your group of friends to your former best friend and vice versa. Not surprisingly, everyone got along well, since Ji Hee was a social butterfly, everyone except Chaeyoung.

And she had had enough, she stood up, excused herself, and started walking towards the exit. Surprised, you got up and followed her.

"Hey Rosie wait up" She didn't.

"Hey Rosie, what's wrong?" She kept walking, not even sparing you a glance.

You stopped infront of her and held her gently by the shoulders, staring deeply into those brown orbs that you've already fallen deeply for, "Chaeyoung?" You asked. She stopped but was looking away.

"Whatwereyoudoingwiththatnewgirl" Chaeyoung managed, quick but clear enough. Her eyes still refused to meet yours, and that was when it hit you.

"We were just catching up, jealous?" You teased. She briefly met your eyes and your suspicions were confirmed. She was jealous.

"Haish.. Come on Chaeyoung.. There's really nothing to be jealous about you know? She's just my childhood friend growing up.. And you know that i have no interest in anyone else other than this beautiful lady standing infront of me" You smiled.

Finally, she looked at you and sighed, "Yeah, but I'm still upset though"

"Tell you what, i'll make it up to you tonight, on our date, that you agreed on" You said in hopes.

"Mmm" Was all she said before walking away.

~×~

Your date turned out to be pretty amazing.

First, you went to McDonald's, which was unhealthy but pretty hilarious since you both ordered so much food. Then, you both took a stroll down the heart of your city, which looked mesmerizing, especially with the moonlight on full blast.

Both of your auto-navigation system led you to a bowling alley, which led to a game of bowling, which led to you losing. Obviously, your excuse for losing was 'I let you win', which she did not buy at all.

Yet you couldn't help but wonder that maybe this was how people in the past fell in love, just hanging out together, enjoying the night and cracking a few jokes here and there. Still you both had fun, laughters were heard throughout the night and now, you were walking her back home.

You came across a small lake and decided to rest for a few minutes, "Chaeyoung, let's stop here for a second" You led her to the brim of the lake.

You took off your coat and folded it to make a small pillow for her to sit on.

"Thank you Y/N" Chaeyoung said with a softness that could melt the whole of Antarctica.

"For what exactly?" You looked at her. You thanked God for this moonlight because she looked immensely captivating under it.

"For tonight, i haven't had this much fun in a long time, and that was with a group of friends" She said, all smiles. C.U.T.E.

"Well, thank you for going out with me" You gave her a grin. She chuckled. The majestic sound of a thousand angels singing(im sorry but cringe).

With a smile, you turned to face her, once again, perplexed by her beauty under the moonlight, you said;

"Rosie, I just wanna say that I thank God everyday for having you in my life. You've been such a positive impact in it, that I'm convinced, be prepared to cringe, that we're meant to be. And i know we've been flirting with each other for the past few weeks, and to tell you the truth, with every passing day that goes by, my heart aches because you aren't officially mine yet. It breaks my heart whenever people flirt with you and I can't do anything about it because you're not mine. I'm not sure how you feel but, i am sure about myself, so, Park Chae Young, will you do me the biggest honour by being my girlfriend?"

The tears in her eyes were threatening to fall, thanks to the moonlight, you could see it clearly. And when it did fall, you gently caressed her cheek to wipe it away when suddenly your lips met.

Even in the chilly night, her lips were as warm as fire. It felt like a reassurance that you can always come back to this fire whenever you're cold, lonely or scared. Her lips danced with yours for a few heartbeats longer, and when she pulled away, she was blushing, but the fire was still kindling in her eyes. She was truly beautiful.

"Finally. You're such a slow poke Y/N" Was all you heard before your lips reconnected with that warm flame.

~~~~~
Yo, here it is, the long awaited(by no one exactly) Rosé imagine, hope you enjoy or whatever. Imma eat.

Sincerely, Author N