Lisa: Promises Made

Today is the day you would be leaving Lisa.

"Is everything ready?" Lisa asked as she leaned on your door frame.

"Yeah.. I hope" You replied chuckling and scratching your head.

"Okay let's go!" She said cheerfully.

Both of you got into the car and Lisa drove you to the airport. You could feel the sadness in the air, knowing that this would be your last car ride together for a few months. You cracked a few jokes as a distraction and ended up laughing your heads off in the car. It was a great distraction.

When you reached the airport, you both got off, and walked hand in hand towards your flight gate. You stopped and faced each other when you reached Gate A5, which was your gate.

Both of you had been dreading this moment for weeks now and the time has finally come. You were going to the UK to further your studies and also chase your passion, which is to become a/an (your dream job).

If there was even a hint of sadness in both of you, you did a good job hiding it. You and Lisa were not sappy or emotional people, rather the reverse, so being sad whenever you're together is very rare for you, plus you had a healthy relationship so it wasn't a problem. But you knew that deep down, sadness had already engulfed the both of you.

"So i guess this is it.." You started

"Mhmm" She hummed as she wrapped her arms around your neck.

"You have no idea how much I'm gonna miss you.. In fact, i think i miss you already" You joked wrapping your arms around her waist, reciprocating the hug.

"Nah i think I'm gonna miss you more than that" She said snuggling her head into the crook of your neck. Someone was cutting onions.

"I'll call you everyday, without fail, i promise" You saluted her jokingly.

"Oh you better" She said giving you a playful glare.

"I love you Lisa"

"I love you more Y/N"

You took your luggage and walked a few steps, but stopped, turned back towards her and gave her another hug.

"Oh gosh you're so cute" She laughed and kissed your cheek. You just couldn't let her go but you knew you had no choice. You held her head with both your hands, looked into her eyes, and kissed her as passionately as you could.

Just before you entered the plane, you looked back at your beautiful girlfriend one last time and seeing her glossy eyes made your heart ache so bad. You waved and playfully saluted her again before heading into the aircraft.

~×~

"Hello, who is this?" You joked after seeing Lisa's name appear on your screen.

"Not your girlfriend" She played along. 

"How was your flight?"

"It was okay, turbulence was being a b!tch but other than that it was good"

"Wow i still can't believe that you're not just 20 minutes away now" You could hear the pout in her voice.

"I know right, no more McDonald's being delivered to you for free in the middle of the night by a super attractive me anymore huh" She laughed in a way that made your heart stop.

"It's okay there are still other attractive delivery people around here"

You made a 'hmph' sound and she continued laughing.

"Well then babe i'll talk to you later, i've gotta unpack"

"Okie dokie" You said your 'i love you's and hung up.