Chapter 42: Christmas Angel

Start from the beginning

       "Hello, Ollie," Grandma said. "Look at you. You've grown into such an amazing young man since we last saw you."

       "You saw me on my birthday," I pointed out.

       "Yes, and that was eight months ago so you grew a lot since then," Grandma said. "Also, how come the last time we saw you was eight months ago? Why don't we see you more often?"

       "You can always visit here as much as you want," I said. "I, on the other hand, am confined here because Spruceworth is like a prison you can never escape."

       "Be quiet," Dad said. "You like living here. So where did Grant go?"

       "Oh, we broke up so he's sulking in our bedroom," I said.

       Dad looked extremely confused. "You broke up?"

       "Apparently," I said. "He got mad at me for... reasons so he broke up with me." Dad still seemed very confused and now concerned. "Dad, relax. He's just being dramatic. We didn't actually break up. He would have left the house and not gone to our room."

       "Can we meet this Grant that we've been hearing all about?" Grandpa said. "We need to get to know the person who has our grandson's heart."

       "I can try getting him but he likes being dramatic at times," I said before heading to my bedroom where Grant was sprawled onto the bed.

       "Go away," he said. "We're broken up right now."

       "Can we get back together?" I asked.

       "That depends," Grant said. "Can we make out?"

       "Nope," I said. "But my grandparents are here. That's why my dad went out for a bit. He went to pick them up since they're going to have dinner with us, and they really want to meet you."

       "Why would they want to meet me?" Grant asked. "I'm your ex-boyfriend."

       I sighed but I had a thin smile on my face as I walked over to the bed and gently pulled Grant off of the bed. "Come on, stop being a baby."

       "One kiss then?" Grant asked.

       I rolled my eyes and pressed my lips on Grant's. When I pulled away, I gave him a smile. "Better?"

       "I guess," Grant said. "But the next time your dad leaves the house--"

       "Oh, shut up," I said before pulling him outside of our bedroom and to where my grandparents were. "Grandma, Grandpa, this is my boyfriend, Grant. Grant, these are my grandparents."

       "I hope you don't mind that I'm a hugger," Grandma said before giving Grant a hug. "It's nice to finally meet you, Grant. Ollie talks about you every single time we talk on the phone. We won't shut up about you. He goes on and on and on and--"

       "Thank you, Grandma," I said sarcastically. 

       "I'm not surprised to hear him talk about me all the time," Grant said. 

       "Of course you're not," I said. "You talk about yourself all the time too."

       "I mean, you're not wrong," Grant said.

       It was my Grandpa's turn to give Grant a 'nice to meet you' hug since both of my grandparents were huggers. "It's very nice to meet you," Grandpa said. He then pulled away and placed his hands on Grant's shoulders. "But just so you know if you break my little grandson's heart, I will break you."