TWENTY EIGHT

A CLOSER WALK WITH THEE
______________

A CLOSER WALK WITH THEE______________

______________

FATHER KIERAN HAD DIED AND HIS SERVICE WAS HELD AT ROUSSEAU'S.
I showed up to pay my respects but also to get a chance to talk to Klaus about the moonlight rings situation.

I looked around and found Klaus and Elijah seated at a table, drinking. I walked over and sat down, "I will warn you, Thalia, Niklaus is in a spectacularly foul mood today" Elijah spoke

"Sod off," Klaus told his brother

I looked at him, "What's the deal with these moonlight rings? Oliver's trying to set a revolution every five seconds. People are scared, angry and frankly, I'm tired of stalling"

"It's a day of peace, Thalia," Klaus said, "Try and enjoy it. And in the meantime with all manner of unknown enemies conspiring against our family, you'll move back in with us"

I nodded, "Awesome. Then, we can do that thing where you lock me in the tower, I escape, there's drama, and then you two both realize I'm very capable of looking after myself"

"The rings are in progress. I will live up to my word. We will find and punish whoever launched the attack on the Bayou. And you will return to the compound for your own safety. But, right now I'm gonna finish this bottle and the next in the hopes of drowning the demon who has chosen today to haunt me. Cheers, Mikael. Impeccable Freudian timing" Klaus grabbed a bottle and opened it before drinking

Elijah looked at his brother, "Elaborate. Have you dreamt of our father?"

"Go ahead. Have a good laugh"

"I can assure you there is no piece of this that I find even remotely amusing, Niklaus. Especially considering I've been dreaming of him, too"

"What?"

So they were both dreaming about Mikael, their father, the freaking vampire hunter?

"If you are also seeing him— Elijah stopped himself mid-sentence, looking out in the crowd where he caught Genevieve's eye, "Perhaps our elusive, unknown enemy is orchestrating a further attack?"

Klaus turned to look at the who then smiled at him, "Well, then. What better way to punctuate a day of peace, than by killing someone?" Klaus put on a smile and waved at Genevieve.

I SAT OUTSIDE FRANCESCA CORREA'S MANSION. Hayley and I did some digging and found out that the suicide bomber that showed up in the bayou owed Francesca's family money and lots of it. So I decided to pay her a visit, I had questions that needed answers.