TWELVE

GIRL IN NEW ORLEANS
______________

GIRL IN NEW ORLEANS______________

______________

I SAT IN THE LIVINGROOM FLIPPING THROUGH A BOOK AS I TALKED TO AGNES. Hayley sat beside me and Rebekah sat at the coffee table, typing on a laptop

"I told you, Agnes, I feel great"

"You are overdue for a checkup," Agnes said

"What am I gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch? Nothing to see here"

"A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours" Rebekah said as she continued to type on her laptop

"I know a doctor out in the Bayou, off the beaten path," Agnes said, "I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it"

I thought about for a moment and turned to Hayley before rolling my eyes, "Okay, fine. Bayou-baby-doctor it is."

The three of us got up and left Rebekah in the room alone.

I WAS IN A CAR WITH AGNES AND HAYLEY. We parked the car in front of a house in the middle of the woods.

"This is the doctor's office?" I asked

"Dr. Paige is only this far out because Marcel's men kept terrorizing her patients. Go. She won't bite"

I hesitated before walking out, Hayley followed behind. I was scared. Who knew, might be a crazy witch who lives in the woods.

We stepped further into the office. We started the ultrasound, "Your babies heart rates are perfect," Dr. Paige told me

Hayley smiled, "I knew it, they're tough like their mom"

I smiled back at Hayley before I wiped the gel off and sat up.

"That's a unique birthmark," Dr. Paige said

"We're pretty much done here, right?" Hayley asked

My phone vibrates and I look down to see a text from Rebekah

"Where are you?"

"Your blood pressure is a bit high, I've got something for it," the doctor said

She walked away to Agne, who was waiting in the next room. I texted Rebekah back

"Bayou clinic with doctor"

Suddenly, I heard a wolf howl loudly. I went up to look out the window and saw a car's headlights approaching,

"Who knows that we're here?" Hayley asked and I shook my head getting nervous

Dr. Paige came back with pills and water, "Ahh, you know, I-I'm actually not that good with pills" I told her

"Neither am I, truth be told"

I turned towards the door to see a group of men walk into the clinic and whisper something to Agnes.

"We need to go Tal. Now" Hayley said

Before I had the chance to react Dr. Paige stood in front of me with a syringe, Hayley grabbed her arm and pushed it away from us before stabbing the syringe into the doctor's neck.

The men in the other room ran towards us but I managed to run to the door, locking it.

"Thalia!"

I turned to Hayley she had opened the window. I climbed out the window and Hayley came out after me. We ran as far as we could.

HAYLEY AND I HID BEHIND A TREE AS THE MEN FROM THE CLINIC PASSED US. We walked up behind them and killed all but two.

One of them had Hayley down on the ground and the other one made his way over. Before I could react, Rebekah appeared and his neck was snapped.

"Have to say, I'm impressed"

"How did you find us?" Hayley asked

"Thalia's text got me halfway, vamping here did the rest. Who are they?" Rebekah asked

"Witches. Warlocks. Whatever"  I responded

Rebekah turned around, there were more of them coming, "There're more of them. Run!"

We did what she said and ran. I turned around to see Rebekah get pierced in the heart with two arrows, which temporarily neutralized her and she fell to the ground.

"Rebekah!" I called.

Then I felt it. I looked down at my shoulder, I had been shot in the shoulder with an arrow. I collapsed and blacked out.

I WOKE UP ON THE GROUND, MY CLOTHES TORN AND I WAS COVERED IN DIRT. I heard a wolf howl and looked around noticing that the men from the clinic weren't around.

Somehow I found my way back to the clinic. Klaus, Hayley, and Rebekah stood in front of the house looking like they were leaving. I looked at them, exhausted.

"Thalia," Hayley said, she walked over but Klaus beat her to it as he approached me, he actually looked concerned, "What happened? Tell me what happened"

"I can't remember," I told him

Klaus grabbed me and examined me all over, "You've completely healed. There's not a scratch on you"

Both Rebekah and Hayley sighed in relief, "One of the perks of being a werewolf, remember?"

"No, not that fast"

Hayley walked over and wrapped an arm around me, "Leave her alone" We sat down and Rebekah sat down beside me.

"It's the babies. The vampire blood- Klaus' vampire blood. It's in your system. It can heal any wound" Rebekah said

Klaus turned around as Rebekah spoke, "Your own children healed you"

I would've smiled but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I was tired, I wanted to go to sleep.

"How did you escape? You were outnumbered, unarmed? Those men were ripped to shreds" Rebekah told me

"I think it was the wolf. I think it's trying to protect us"

Klaus walked closer to us, an angry look on his face, "The witches were supposed to protect you! When I get my hands on Sophie Deveraux-"

"It wasn't Sophie. It was Agnes" Hayley interrupted

"Fine. Agnes, Sophie, it's all the same to me. I'll slaughter the lot of them"

Hayley got up, "No. You kill Sophie, you kill Thalia and the babies"

"Not if Elijah gets there first," Rebekah said

"Elijah?" I turned to Rebekah, "Did you find him?"

"He's been in touch, and he has a plan. All he asks is that we take care of you" Rebekah said

"Hey, so. . . can we go home now? I'd really like to sleep for a few days" I told them. I stood up and Klaus nodded, smiling. smile.

My knees suddenly buckled, I started to stumble before my face would hit the ground. Klaus caught me and lifted me into his arms, carrying me bridal-style. "I've got you, love. I've got you"

I rested my head against his shoulder and the four of us left the Bayou. It felt nice. Nice that I had people who cared, nice that Klaus had shown that he was worried.

𝐞𝐲𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦, klaus mikaelson ¹On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara