SIXTEEN

THE RIVER IN REVERSE
_______________

THE RIVER IN REVERSE_______________

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

_______________

A FULL DAY HAD GONE BY SINCE KLAUS BIT ELIJAH. We were still in the bayou. I sat by his side as he laid on a bed in the shack, sweating and panting.

Hayley walked over with a cup of water, "Here, drink this"

Elijah took a sip but couldn't swallow it. He started to gag and the water spilled at my feet, "Forgive me. Please"

"It's okay" I got up and took my cardigan off, "Remind me to annihilate your brother once you're healthy"

"Yes, remind me to remind you to get in line" he replied

"It doesn't help that we decided to shack up in a swamp either," Hayley said

I looked at her. I walked out on the porch, leaving the door open to let the breeze into the shack.

Elijah started to cough and before I could walk over to the bed, Hayley sat down beside him, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," He said, "Please, just return to your reading"

I bent down and picked up the family bibles and sat down on a chair, "I went through the whole thing. It's just a regular Bible with an entry in a family tree that may or may not be me. But, you know, we've been a little busy worrying about you"

"Please. This fever will make me unstable. And once the hallucinations begin, I'll start to see things. You must leave me here"

Hayley and I exchanged a look, "We're not leaving you like this. That's final"

HAYLEY AND I SAT OUTSIDE THE SHACK NEAR THE LAKE. I turned to her, "Hayley, there's something you need to know"

"Tell me"

I looked down in the water, "Yesterday, when I opened the Kenner family bible I felt something and I-" Before I could finish, Elijah started coughing and we both ran inside.

Hayley sat down on the bed, letting Elijah rest his head on her lap, she put her hand on his forehead to gauge his temperature.

"Celeste"

I watched as he rubbed Hayley's arms, she let go, "Hayley, I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else" he looked up at her

"Celeste. Whoever she was, she was smokin' hot" Hayley spoke and I chuckled

"Did I let you enter my thoughts?" Elijah asked, "I'm not well. I should go. This is-"

"Elijah, You're sick and we're taking care of you," I told him

Elijah looked at the window, "We're being watched"

I instantly got up and walked towards the window to find the same woman who was here yesterday, the one that ran away when Tyler kidnapped me.

𝐞𝐲𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦, klaus mikaelson ¹जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें