FOURTEEN

FRUIT OF THE POISONED TREE
______________

FRUIT OF THE POISONED TREE______________

______________

I WALKED DOWNSTAIRS TO THE KITCHEN. I opened the fridge and started to rummage through it looking for anything to eat

"Good morning" I heard. Elijah stood in the doorway

"Hey" I smiled and continued to look through the fridge

The french doors behind me opened and in came Rebekah.

"Listen, I know I'm the only one in this house that actually drinks milk, but would it kill any of you to make sure it's on the grocery list?" I asked

"Speaking of, add bleach" Rebekah replied and walked out, passing Hayley as she entered.

I smiled at her, pulling out a tub of
ice cream out of the freezer and placed it on the counter.

"I do hope my siblings were hospitable to you in my absence" Elijah spoke

"In your absence, as you like to call it" I turned back and reached into the fridge grabbing something else, "Which is a way too polite way of saying that your brother put a dagger in your heart I have been attacked by French Quarter vampires, I've had to live in a house with a secret dungeon full of coffins, and I was nearly murdered by witches who are convinced my babies are Lucifer"

As I was talking I noticed that Elijah had taken the ice cream and put it back in the fridge. I looked at what he was doing now to see that he was pouring a bowl of cereal and filling it with milk.

So there was milk? I felt like an idiot

"Oh. . . milk" I said, "They've been fine. Your siblings are weirdly protective, I know I have you to thank for that"

"I'm just happy to see that you're in one piece," He said, handing me my breakfast, "So, back to the murderous witches. I have some concerns"

"They're evil. And, my life is still magically linked to Sophie Deveraux-"

"Which is not comforting" Hayley piped up

Elijah looked at her before turning back, "Yes, I think it's time we took care of that little problem"

"I am all for it" Rebekah reentered the kitchen, dragging a body, "As soon as they're unlinked, we get to leave this crap town. Who do we have to kill?"

"Probably no one"

Elijah looked like he was considering this

Hayley and I exchanged a look. Elijah rolled his eyes and sighed

"Alright, potentially everyone"

IT WAS LATER, I SAT IN HAYLEY'S ROOM WHEN I FELT SOMETHING SHARP IN MY NECK. I yelped in pain, grabbing my neck. When I pulled my hand away, I noticed blood on my fingers.