FIFTEEN

BLOODLETTING
______________

BLOODLETTING______________

______________

I WOKE UP IN THE BACK OF A MOVING CAR. My wrists were tied, I raised my leg and kicked out the back window to escape, which caused the driver to swerve and stop the car.

I waited for him to open the door and when he did I took my opportunity to kick him but he grabbed my foot, "Seriously?"

I looked at him, dumbfounded, "Tyler?"

"You don't wanna fight me, Tal. You know you can't beat a hybrid" he said

He then bound my ankles causing me to scream, "Let me go, you backstabbing half-breed piece of shi-"

"Shut up!"

Tyler yelled, throwing me over his shoulder. He was a dead hybrid walking.

BY THE TIME TYLER HAD PUT ME DOWN, IT WAS MORNING. I looked around us we were at this shack near a lake, "What is this place?"

"The armpit of Louisiana" Tyler pulled a knife out of his pocket

I shifted, "What are you gonna do with that?"

"Depends on you" He knelt down and cut the zip-ties on my ankles

"Hey, you attacked me, remember?" I stood up, "You ambushed me, in my own backyard"

"It's not your backyard it's Klaus' " Tyler retorted, "You're shacked up in that mansion with that psycho. A long way from the girl I've met in the Appalachians, helping other werewolves"

"Tyler, I'm sorry, but a lot has happened since the last time I saw you," I said

"You mean like how you're pregnant?" I looked at him confused, how did he know?

"Hybrid babies, yeah, I know all about it. I've been roaming around the Bayou, asking questions. Let me tell you what I learned" He pulled my cardigan down, exposing my shoulder and birthmark.

"Get off!" I shrugged his hand away

"This crescent birthmark means you come from a big-shot family. Some kind of royalty for the werewolves of this region. And right here, this is all that's left of them" he said

I looked around and spotted a blonde girl standing nearby, "Hey! Help me!"

The woman ran away, "They can't help you. They're in the woods, hiding because they were persecuted for decades by vampires" Tyler told me

A guy walked up to us, "Is that her?"

I turned to Tyler, "Yeah, Dwayne. Get her inside"

Dwayne grabbed me, taking me inside the shack, "Tyler? Tyler!" I yelled