TWENTY FIVE

MOON OVER BOURBON STREET
______________

MOON OVER BOURBON STREET______________

______________

TONIGHT WAS A FULL MOON. I stood by the bonfire waiting for the pack to become human again. I held the jar with the paste that Celeste created in my hands.

The wolves finally turned back to humans and got dressed. I hugged Jackson, "Here" I handed the jar to him.

Jackson poured the paste into a pot of food and then let everyone eat from it. I hoped that this would work.

THE NEXT MORNING, I WALKED OVER TO JACKSON. The paste Celeste gave us actually worked, they were still human.

He watched as some guys in the pack sparred, "Shouldn't you be out there playing Fight Club with the rest of the frat boys?"

"Nah. That's just for pecking order" Jackson smiled, "They already know who's the Alpha"

"Let's go eat" He pulled me inside to eat. I grabbed a plate and looked around not knowing where to begin or even what to eat. Jackson dropped some ribs on my plate, "You gotta try Tucker's ribs"

"Then, what? Then we're gonna go play horseshoes?" I teased

"Don't mock country living, you used to love this" Jackson said

I smiled, "Sorry, forgot all about it. Haven't had this much family fun since— yeah, this is a lot more than I've gotten used to"

"You'll just have to get used to it again"

Oliver, one of the wolves, joined us, "Then all we got to do is just forget that she spent half her life with humans and the other half with vampires"

"Ollie, back off," Jackson told him

I looked at Oliver, "If the runt of the litter has something to say, he should say it"

Oliver chuckled, "You know, word from the Quarter is your boy Elijah's holding some kind of power summit. Guess who wasn't invited?"

"Where did you hear this?" I asked

"It doesn't matter. The point is is that we're stuck here living in the swamp, while your vampire boyfriend's deciding who gets what in the city. But, I guess that shows how much respect he's got for the werewolves, huh?"

I looked at them before I turned to leave. I walked out, I ran into Hayley, "Hey, where are you going?" she asked

"To take care of something. Jackson and the rest are inside, I'll be back soon"