Chapter one: Awakening

Looking around I'm scared. Why are these scary men in the house? 

"Tea!" I cry out of fear. The men look at me. Oh no. I want mommy and daddy. But mommy and daddy are dead. That what Tea told me. Tea said they were killed by a bad man with long black hair and silver blue eyes. Eyes like mine. My left eye is silver with a streak of blue across it. My right eyes is purple with a streak of orange across it.

Running towards me Tea stands in front of me so I can't see the bad men. "Do what you wish with me but leave the child," Tea tells them, sounding scary. Hugging her leg I start to cry.

"No don't take Tea!" I yell at them through tears.

"Don't be afraid Ebony. You're safe. You'll alway be safe," she tell me with tears in her eyes. How am I safe with these mean men in the house. Tea not safe either. I have to make them go way.

"Go way!" I tell them. "Leave Tea lone!" Now they should leave. Laughing the tallest of the men throws a ball of power at Tea but she block it.

"When I say run I need you to run out the door as fast as you can and don't stop running. You know where to go," she tells me. I don't want to leave Tea but I know I have to listen to her.

Before she can stand back up he launches another ball of power at her. Both of us fling back and hit the wall. Crying I stand up and look at Tea. "Tea?" I say. Is Tea asleep? "Tea." I say three more times before the men start walking towards me.

Scared I yell, "Tea!" as loud as I can. 

I shake her. 

Den I what she taught me to do if someone might be passes. I check her pulse. 

Tea dead. They killed Tea. Throwing myself on Tea I hug her and beg her to wake up. Looking at her my eyes blurry with tears, scared and sad I scream, "Tea!"

It hurts. My whole body hurts. Is this what it feel like to waken your magic? Tea tod me it hurts. Looking up the men aren't there anymore. They're laying on the ground. The place looks like there was a tornado here. That's what Tea says about my room cuz I never clean it.

Why are they on the ground? They they dead to? Now who will take care of me? Tea dead. I'm all lone. Crying I run outside and scream from anger and sadness.

My scream echo in the dark forest. The plant life around me starts to die before my eyes. The grass turn black than nothing. Thunder rumbling in the sky, every time I scream there's a bolt of lighting. All around me everything is catching on fire. Where did da fire come from? Where did da clouds come from? It was jus sunny!

Curling into a ball on the ground I cry. The thunder and lighting stopping and turning into cold water drops. The fire gone too. "Tea," I whisper sniffling. "They killed Mommy and daddy. Now Tea dead too. I got no buddy. I lone now," I say to myself and start crying again.