Tomorrow

I snuck out Saturday night and met Draco halfway in between my common room and his.

I was stunned by his beauty...as usual. He pulled me in for a quick kiss and I smiled up at him.

"Come on, let's go somewhere." He said as he wrapped his arm around my waist. I rest my head on his shoulder and let him lead me into the night.

We went out by the lake and sat down in the sand. He put his arm around me and I leaned in to him.

"Hmm..." I sighed, "This is nice."

He gave me a weak smile. There was something about the way he was acting...he was sad and I thought I knew why.

"Is everything ok?" I asked him.

He nodded.

"I know you're lying." I said gently.

He took a deep breath. "Tomorrow."

That's all that he needed to say. I understood. Tomorrow was the day for him to execute the mission...Tomorrow, Draco Malfoy would kill Albus Dumbledore.

I stood up and began walking towards the water. I took off my shirt and threw it at him. I smiled mischievously at him and took off my shorts. I was left in only my undergarments.

"You can't catch me!"

He gave me a big grin as he took off his shirt.

I giggled and sprinted towards the lake then dove into the water.

"HOLY CRAP THAT'S COLD!!!" I screamed.

Draco laughed then jumped in after me. His cannonball got me wet, so when he emerged I splashed him them swam away.

He was faster.

He splashed water all over me and I squealed. Then he stopped and wrapped his arms around me.

I smiled at him. He seemed to glow in the moonlight. His eyes sparkled and his skin was white as snow, yet he had dark circles under his eyes.

"I love you." He said sincerely.

I kissed him.

"Not now. Don't do it." I said.

"Do what?" he asked confused.

"No good-byes. Not right now. Now, we are going to make the best of every moment."

He gave me a smile that made my heart flutter.

"Sure." He kissed me as he held me bridal style in the water slowly spinning me around.

***

Once we were done swimming, we put our clothes back on, held hands with our fingers laced together, and began to wonder around aimlessly.

"I wasn't going to bring it up, but I have to ask..." I trailed off.

"Go on." He said patiently.

"It's just...what exactly is going to happen after tomorrow? I mean, you can't very well stay at Hogwarts...could you? Where will you go?"

He didn't smile, he simply spoke the truth. The truth that I knew that I didn't want to hear.

"Well, I suppose if no one knew it was me, in theory I could stay at Hogwarts. But, at the beginning of the year I couldn't wait to get out of this place so it would look suspicious if I suddenly changed my mind. I was told to completely focus on the mission...I wasn't supposed to fall in love," that's when he smiled at me, "As for where I will go, I'll just go home. I'm supposed to bring death eaters into Hogwarts, so I'll just leave with them. We'll probably end up at Malfoy Manor."

He had never mentioned the part about bringing death eaters into the school. I almost pressed further but then I decided that I didn't want to know.

"'When will I see you again?" I asked in a small voice.

He brought my hand up to his mouth, we stopped walking, and he kissed it.

"I'll find a way to be with you."

"Promise?"

He gently kissed my forehead. "I promise."

He smirked at me then began to walk in the other direction very slowly, clearly deep in thought.

Looking up at the stars, he said, "I wish I could take you with me."

I smiled then ran into Draco hopping onto his back piggy-back style.

I kissed his cheek then whispered, "So take me," into his ear.

He chuckled then began to run with me on his back. I laughed. We were going downhill when his foot tripped over a rock or something and we came tumbling down. He had been running really fast so we tumbled over a few times.

We landed next to each other and we were both laughing from the fall.

Soon our laughter faded and it turned into silence. But, it was the good kind of silence. It wasn't awkward it was just peaceful and beautiful. It was almost as if we were afraid to talk. As we stared up at the stars in the sky neither one of us wanted to break the sense of wonder by speaking.

As I lay in Draco's arms, I knew that this was what I wanted. This was all I needed out of life. In fact, this is life. Draco was the center of my life, and everything else was just detail. I wanted him forever.

Draco Malfoy; my angel, my love, my Slytherin prince.