I tilted my head in my hands and gave her a tired smile.

“Girls night with Channing Tatum movies and a lots of junk food?” she asked with a hopeful smile.

“Sounds amazing to me” I replied, genuinely excited about tonight.

The rest of the school day went by quickly and soon I was sitting in Teddy’s car singing along to her crappy radio.

“I SEE YOUR LONG HAIR COME DOWN, IT TURNS MY HEAD INSIDE OUT” we pelted along to Quesadilla with the windows down and the wind blowing through our hair. Finally we pulled up outside her house and I hoped out grabbing our backpacks and bolting through the door.

“Hi Mrs. Blakely” I called a quick greeting to Teddy’s mom who was busying herself in the kitchen before running up the stairs.

I heard Teddy’s mom laugh as she called a Hi back.

I dropped the bags on the floor and flopped onto her bed face first.

I heard Teddy shuffle through the house talking to her mom, their voices muffled through the door. Suddenly my butt vibrated and I pulled out my phone. Archers name flashed at the top of my screen and slid the bar over, opening his message.

‘Whatcha up to baby girl?’ x A

I smiled as I typed out a quick response,

‘Girls night with teddy, sorry baby x E ‘

I turned onto my back staring up at the violet ceiling of Teddy’s room.

My phone vibrated again.

‘Oh cool, have fun’ came his short reply.