14

Theo~

Before max could open his mouth Nash walked in looking sexy as hell in his police uniform. He walked up to me kissed me then Zero before picking Wren up and making squeal before placing her in his lap.

"When Jonah and I met Clark we finally felt complete. But after mating Clark rejected us. Says shit like he couldn't stay in one place and didn't want responsibilities. We didn't know Jonah was carrying Theodosius at the time. But when we found out we notified Clark that he would be a father soon. He kindly said keep him, I'm good. That broke our hearts. We figured we'd be on our own from that day forward so we kept living. Theodosius was born and five years later came Maddox. We met Gwendolyn about two years after that. She completed us. And soon after mating we found out she was carrying Joanna. The day Joanna was born we was so happy. But later that night after taking Joanna from Gwendolyn she fell asleep never to wake. It killed us. Another mate gone. Jonah was so sad and confused. He couldn't even look at Joanna or hold her. So I made the decision to leave. I pack up everything loaded the car and dropped you guys off at the town hall. It was for the best. You'd find a home and grow and be happy. When we left we found this town and started new. New jobs new name, new family. We was good until you showed up. And I don't know what to do, what to tell napoleon. I don't know how people will see us after they find out what we did." Max said sounding upset. But just a fare warning I was upset too. So you've been warned.

"So you both mate with my father aka uncle Clark before he left because he's to free spirited to be tied down. And you move on alone without him but with two kids. And along Come momma Gwen and she loved us. All of us. And she was so happy to be becoming a mother. And when she did have Wren her body hemorrhage and the Goddess called her home. You decided who needs their kid when they still have one mate. A grieving mate that didn't seem to be in his right mind at the time so what better way to manipulate shit to your advantage, am I right. So you and you alone pack up everything including your three kids and grieving mate and drop off said kids in the middle of the night to not be found until the next afternoon by a groundskeeper no less and drive off to happyville and start new. New house, new job new name new kid. And you want me ... us to feel sorry for how people will react to the fact that your a dead beat father that only cares for himself and his one remaining mate. So let me ask you this. If Jonah was to leave or die what about Napoleon? You going to leave him too? Will I need to be on the look out for him to be dropped off in my door because your to inept to deal with the real world and only want to live in a world where people don't leave and people don't die. Because I would be happy to take on yet another brother or sister if you decided to ruin more lives. I've done an amazing job with the two I have. And I guess Neo is getting up in the age where you like to dump him off. So please tell me, do I need to watch for a late night dump or are you finally going to pull your head out of your ass and take responsibility for all the shit you caused?" I asked I had four sets of hands on me to keep me calm. And thank the Goddess I did.

"I honestly don't know what is happening anymore. I feel betrayed and misguided. But I am sorry for being a coward and not doing something I should have done when I finally realized what had happened." Jonah said crying.

"You think your so much better than me. If one of your mates left or god for bid died you would be just like me." Max said.

"No you see I have responsibilities to my remaining mate and kids. You can't just run from your problems and think everything will be okay by starting over. Because believe it or not your pass will always catch up to you." I said making him flinch.

"You will never know the pain of losing a mate or what you'd do once it happens and pray to the Goddess above that it never happens to you. Because it is painful and it's hard to breath. You don't think straight and your judgement is off." Max said trying to sound sad but I wasn't buying it.

"I'm sure it's one of the most painful things to endure. But all the other things you mentioned passed with time. The pain will never leave but as time passes you learn to breath think and your judgment gets better. But it shouldn't take ten years and if the pain was that great you shouldn't bring other people into your life thinking they would change all of that. Neo didn't deserve to be brought into this world to help you deal with your pain. Or replacing what you threw away. Neo is just as much a victim in this as the rest of us." I said looking at Jonah and well as Max.

"Napoleon has a good life with two loving parents and a good home. He will never be like you." Max snapped.

"You're right he will never be like us because he only knows the fake you the made up version of who you want people to believe is the real you. We are actually the lucky ones. We know who you are." I said and Mox agreed followed by Wren.

"Well You See that's another reason we are here. We come to get Maddox and Joanna so they can be with their parents and not their brother. It's time for them to come home." Max said.

"They are home and for the last time. It's Wren and Mox. There was never a Joanna she never existed. You never named her. I did. The doctors let me name her. I am on her birth certificate as her father. As for Mox the court gave me soul guardianship over him when I turned 18. There was newspapers with letters written to the both of to step or lose your parental rights. You didn't so they appointed me his legal guardian. These two are mine to care for until they are 18 years of age." I said handing him copies of my guardianship of the kids.

"You was only 8 years old when Joanna was born. You can't be her father." Max said.

"You left I stepped up. It is what it is. And when you give people no choice butto take care of 'the three unwanted kids' they will do whatever they have to do so their not responsible. Wren is legally mine. Clark had a lawyer make sure every T was crossed and every I was dotted and that it was all iron clad and nobody could take what's mine." I said making sure that he understood it would be a fight he wouldn't win.

"This isn't over." Max said.

"Oh it's over." Jonah said looking at him with pure discuss.

"You know your way out. But we really have a lot to do. Please don't come back unannounced again. You have Carson's email. Use it. And please drive careful." I said getting up and leaving them sitting there. My family followed as we made our way to the kitchen to get lunch ready. Not paying them any mind.