5

Theo~

When I woke up we was stopped at nice looking hotel on the outskirts of what looked like a really nice town. We was surrounded by huge Redwood trees and I could tell we was up on the mountain but not how high. Carson and the kids were outside the car getting our stuff when I got out of the car.

"She stopped here. When I put her back in gear she wouldn't go unless I put my foot on the gas. So I'm assuming we've made it." He said excitingly.

"Well let's get checked in and find out where we are. And we will make a plan of action." I said.

"Cool." Car said as I walked into the lobby.

"Hello welcome to Crescent Creek Manor. How can I help you." A lady behind a nice counter asked.

"Do you have a multi-room suite?" I asked.

"We actually have cabins behind this building that we rent out. Three to four bedrooms." She said.

"How much for a three bedroom?" I asked.

"Make it four. I'll go half." Car said.

"We have a special on the four bedroom right now. For Monday through Friday it's 475.00 and if you want the weekend included it's 655.00 but if you do that you get three nights free." She said smiling.

"That works." Car said as I cringed.

"I'll pay for a week and three days and you pay for a week and three days that would give us about three weeks to figure stuff out." I said pulling out my wallet.

"Name?" She asked.

"Theodosious Crowell." I said hating that name.

"Crowell? We have a family with that last name here. Nice people. Family to you?" She asked.

"No probably not. Sorry." I Said looking at Mox and Wren whose eyes were both huge.

"Okay, so your in cabin 10, the code to enter is 1067 and here are two keys. The internet passwords is cabin10 and the landline phone will have a phone book next to it." She said handing me all of the stuff.

"Do you have a map of the town, some take out menus and maybe a list of what's happening around town in the next couple weeks?" Car asked.

"Oh goodness yes, here is a welcome folder that has all of that, plus other things like local homes for sale, jobs and schools. We have a lot of the newcomers stop here before they decided on if they want to live here." She said handing him a folder.

"Thank you. " I said before heading for the door.

We got into the car, nobody talking everyone just keeping to themselves. Carson drove down a lane beside the hotel to where the cabins sat. We found ours and he parked.

"I'll go unlock the place while you guys start getting our stuff." I said getting out. It was chilly but comfortable.

I opened the door to a nice open floor plan that was big. When you first walked in there was a pool table and other games, a dining area with kitchen and a living room with a huge fireplace. You could see out the whole back half of the cabin. It looked out over the sloping mountain and a lake was visible farther out. It was breathtaking. The stairs were off to the left and under them I'm assuming was a bathroom.

"Wow nice." Wren said coming in behind me with her little bag and my bag.

"Yeah. Why don't you go upstairs and see what it's like up there. If there is two rooms with bathrooms in them one is mine the other is Carson's. If not Carson can have the room with the bathroom." I told her.

"Come on, Mox." She yelled as Mox and Carson came in. Both kids dropped their bags and took off running.

"I think I'm going to go get food and necessities from town. You good here?" He asked leaving his bag on the pool table.

"Yeah, were good." I said picking up my bag.

"I'll be back in a bit." He said before heading out. I grabbed the folder he left behind and headed up the stairs.

There was two master suites and my selfish ass took the one with the best view. After unpacking and showering I found the kids each in their own room watching tv. Not something they was use to but I hope it's something they could get use too.

"Carson should be back shortly with food and stuff so why don't you both shower and unpack." I said smiling at them.

"Do you think the other Crowell's are our dads?" Wren asked.

"Yeah I think so. But let's not worry about that just yet, okay." I said leaving them to get their stuff done.

"Hey just in time. The car is loaded to the Max with stuff." Carson came in with a bunch of bags.

"Walmart, nice." I said heading out to the car. I grabbed as many bags as I could before heading in.

We each took another three trips before the car was empty. Carson has to of spent a good amount of money on all the stuff he got.

"Did you buy the store?" Wren asked as she helped put stuff away.

"No, just got what we needed for while we're here." Car said laughing.

"Man did you see the grill and hot tub on the back deck?" Mox asked as he put the steaks away. I laughed as Carson ran to check.

"A hot tub man, that's the shit. I mean stuff." Carson said when I shot him a look.

"I'm not two anymore, T. I can hear those words and not repeat them. I'm not stupid. I know what I can say and not say. Besides Mox says small cuss words and you don't yell at him." Wren said rolling her eyes.

"Girls shouldn't cuss." I said lamely.

"Do not become one of those guys who says what women should and shouldn't do, T. I can do anything you can do just fine." Wren snapped.

"I know but your my little sister and you should stay my little sister for at least another 45 years." I say with a sigh.

"You're so funny big brother." Wren said laughing.

"I figured we'd have pizza tonight and tomorrow maybe go exploring. So someone grab the delivery menus and the map of this place while I make a pot of coffee and Wren some tea." I said.

"I'm going to shower and be back down before you know it." Car said heading up the stairs.

I ordered two meat lovers pizzas a veggie loves pizza and one with just pepperoni on it. While everyone went off to explore while we waited on the pizza.

I sat down with the folder in my hand and opened it to see my father Max on the front page. Local realtor. Nice. Well now we know their here, what next?