Chapter 3: Discovering Past Memories

I apologize for the picture and my hand covering up half of it. It has my real name that I don't want revealed on it... in Sharpie so no getting rid of that. Anyways, that is Will's journal. Just for reference. Enjoy :D

(Will's POV)

I rushed to Greasy's. When I enter, Violetta was sitting at a table towards the back. She sees me and stands as I rush into her arms and sob.

"Hey... Will... shh... what's wrong?" She whispered in my ear.

"I m-miss her so much..."

A few people began to stare so Violetta pushed me onto a booth seat and we sat with our back to the diner. Violetta rubbed my shoulders until I got myself under control.

"S-sorry..."

"Will?"

I looked at my girlfriend with a sad eye.

"Don't apologize, it's fine. I get it, losing someone is hard. Especially as someone as special as Willa," Violetta smiled, and I couldn't help but to smile back.

We sat together and talked over our coffee, holding hands the entire time. I smiled as she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I love you Will."

"I love you too, Violetta."

(Bill's POV)

I woke up with a start. The TV was off, and a blanket was thrown on my lap, not over me, just my lap. Sighing, I walk to the kitchen and grab the coffee pot to fill it with water. Wait... wasn't Ash here? I look around and don't see her. Hm... she must have left. The coffee pot finally heated up and I yawned as I put the pot on underneath. I walked down the hallway and grabbed a sweater that Shooting Star made me after... I passed Kill's bedroom and heard silence. That's odd. I knock on Will's door.

"Hey Will?"

No answer. I knocked again.

"Will? I need to see you."

Still nothing. Sighing again, I open the door... empty. Alarm rose and I burst into Kill's room.

"Dude! WHAT THE HE--!!"

"Where is Will!??!"

"With his girlfriend. Why?"

"I-I got concerned."

"He thought you might, but I thought you were still asleep. Ashley left an hour ago to go shopping. You were sunk."

"I know. I felt it. Anyways, when did Will leave?"

"Eh, a few hours ago. I don't know, nor care to be honest."

I nodded silently and leaned against the door frame. Kill was sitting on a bench lifting dumbbells.

"Can I help you?"

"Want some coffee?"

"No."

I wanted to get mad at his rudeness, but Wi—she would have scolded both of us, so I nodded and left. Walking down the hallway, I passed her room. I hadn't been in there in months and I might as well clean it. Pausing first, I opened the door and walked inside. Everything was clean, not a speck of dust anywhere. Will. A half smiled flashed as I looked around her small room. She had insisted on not having the biggest room and gave it to us instead. Her bed was flawless, and the closet was organized. Her bookshelf had recently been disturbed. I walked over and straightened the book that had tipped over. Finally, I looked at her desk. All the paper and writing tools were organized, but there was a book on the top. Curiosity struck me, and I flicked on the light. That book was a journal. It was yellow with a Sharpie drawn bowtie and brick pattern at the bottom. I opened to the first page and read.

June 17

My brothers and I moved to an apartment that we are renting. I added all the furniture and made sure to give the boys their own special gift. Extra blankets, a punching bag, and eyes galore... God, I love them so much... I pray that nothing happens to them... I would do anything to keep them safe. Anything.

June 19

I sense a disturbance in the power force. I hadn't really noticed it before, but now it is very prominent. I don't think my brothers have felt it yet... but something or someone is definitely here, and I don't feel safe... Here's hoping I am just jittery about being in a new place... that must be it.... I pray that my brothers stay safe...

June 23

It's been a while, hasn't it? We found several people over the last few days. A demon, Will has found a girl who is quite cute and Bill has gotten closer to Ashley Northwest if I am not mistaken. I feel happy for them. They finally found someone who can care for them or to care for when I am not here... My eye still freaks out a lot. Even though it has been a week since I lost my eye, the socket bothers me, and my magic is trying to grow it back as fast as it can. It is taking my energy, but I can't tell Bill, it would hurt him, I know. I don't blame him though, he just hasn't had a proper place to channel his abundant anger. I am still alive so it can't be too bad, right?

June 25

We have found sightings of Tad. Sadly, the only way to get rid of him is to make the Wheel... but that would take whatever Cipher in it away with Strange. I can't do that to my brothers...

June 28

This is my last entry for a while... I have decided to use all of my power to get my brothers out of the Wheel before they disappear with me. Bill and Will are getting suspicious of my behavior and mood, but it is for their own good. Kill has been pretty chill with all of this... I hope he finds someone he can confide in... I won't be here much longer. I pray so much... but this time I pray that my brothers keep their heads and don't waste time looking for me. They won't find me because even I don't know where I am going. Heh... I am crying... that's... nice?

I look up from the pages with little crinkles from water drops. She really did cry... I felt a tear drip down my cheek and I brushed it away. The door creaks open and I feel warm arms wrap me in a hug.

"W-Willa?" I ask, hope in my broken voice.

"I'm sorry..." Ashley responds in my ears.

I let go of my emotion and let myself drown in my tears as Ashley hugs me. Willa... I'm not mad... but why?

(Kill's POV)

I decided to rest my knuckles as the blood and sweat dropped and fell into the hard cement floor. Another match was in the ring and I got a break to let my muscles ting with the adrenaline and lack of blood. I had started street fighting, so I could let lose all of my anger that boiled within me. My opponent was lying unconscious on a bench a few yards away, lips and nose bleeding where I had struck. No one can go up against me and win. That is a fact. Smirking, I watched the fight in front of me with boredom written on my face. These people aren't really fighters. My preferred universe is Fight Falls, where even toddlers are fighting over something. No one did something without a fight. That is how it works, and that is how it should work here, in my honest opinion. The girl fell on her stomach as her competitor stepped on her back, you could hear a few joints crack and the girl surrendered so she could breathe. That is how a fight should be won, not by being knocked out, but by surrendering to your opponent. Fear is key, and right now, this entire arena fears me, the only Kill Cipher in the multiverse. My smirk grew as this thought went through my head. No one is better at fighting than me. No one is a competition to me. No one can get through my barrier. I won't let them.

-