Chapter 8-gotta learn to trust

(Erin laid in the hospital bed. Her eyes squinting due to the bright lights that hung over her. She felt beat, tired and weak. Her mind was flustered, her head was killing her but the only thing that strengthened her to sit up was the fact she hasn't seen her little baby girl in almost a day. She pressed the nurse button and ripped off the oxygen nostril things. After a couple seconds, Dr.halstead came walking in)

W<"hello mrs Lindsay"

E<"just Erin"(she said weakly, still blocking the light with her hand)

W<"is there anything I can help you with"?(he grabbed her board to see what she has got going on)

E<"yeah, I need to see my daughter. Sergeant Hank Voight, he has her"

W<"I'll be back"

E<"get me my daughter"!(she called out, still siting in the bed and waiting for hank to walk in with Emma in his arms)
*************

(Will made his way into the cafeteria and walked over to the table where he saw the whole unit at)

W<"sergeant voight, Erin is up and is asking for both you and her child"

V<"she's up?(he stood up fast when will nodded),how is she"?(jay handed Emma to hank)

W<"she's great. I checked up with her nurse and made sure everything was tact, she suffered a lot but that girl in there is strong"

V<"yeah I know"(he rubbed a sleeping Emma's back)

W<"I'll bring you to her,(him and hank left the cafeteria to make his way to Erin's room),it's down that last hall to your right"

V<"thank you,(hank made his way down the hall like Will said and stopped in front of Erin's room. His hand connected with the handle to the door and sighed when he opened it. He popped his head in first to give her a knowing need that I was just him),hey"

E<"hey"(he seemed upset when she didn't see Emma at first)

V<"care for some visitors"(he walked in and smiled when he heard Erin gasp and saw her eyes well with tears)

E<"of course"(she wiped some tears away at the sight of her daughter)

V<"Emma,(he cooed),who is that?(hank asked her, smiling when her tiny little head raised off his chest to look around, the pacifier in her mouth moving),Emma look,(he lifted her chin to the right),is that mama"(her eyes widen at that familiar word. She dropped her pacifier and showed her gum filled mouth to hank)

E<"Emma,(emma turned her head to her left),Emma mamas over here,(Emma looked at hank again before looking to her right. Her eyes widened even more when she saw her mother. She started whining, reaching her hands out for Erin),come here,(Erin reaches her pained arms out to her daughter and immediately sobbed when her daughter laid her head against her chest),I missed you so much,(she kissed her head),mama loves you so much. And she is so sorry that she disappeared, but I will do better next time"

V<"there won't be a next time erin"(he warned)

E<"I know,(she sat Emma down on her but, and watched as her baby smiled and kicked her legs like she understood what her mom was saying),I know, it's so good to be back,(she then pulled her to her chest again and cuddled her gently),I am so thankful for you. I can't imagine my life with out you princess. You, Hank and the unit is was kept me alive,(she looked at Emma's blue sparkling eyes),you saved mama"

(A couple of seconds grew over in the room as both hank and Erin shared small talk)

V<"the whole units here,(he watched her eyes shift downwards),care to explain why halstead is so protective of you and Emma,(she stayed silent),Erin"?