Lost job

Mixing the ingredients in the bowl, humming along with the music, swaying my hips as I move around the kitchen, I almost forgot I was fired two days ago. I feel myself slump on the inside just thinking of my failure. I'm such a disappointment.

I set down the spoon that I was stirring with in the sink and pour the cake mix in the pan. I hear the front door click open as I shut the oven door. "Honey, I'm home!" Austin charms walking into the kitchen and setting down his gym bag on the floor. "Hi sweetie," I say and kiss his cheek. He walks past me and glances at the mess I've made today. "What have you been up to?"

I bounce back and forth on my feet as if I'm a kid while sticking my hands in my back pockets. "Just cooking," I reply. I watch his award winning smile form across his lips. "I love when you cook!"

I chuckle then look down to the floor. "I guess I'll be cooking more often since I lost my job.."

Silence grows around us.. Damn it.. I forgot I haven't told him about it. "You lost your job?"

I look back up and nod. Instead of yelling, he steps forward and places both hands on my shoulders. "Good! I love your cooking sooo much and now you can cook until you can't cook no more! I could honestly care less if you have a job or not (Y/N)! I make enough money for the both of us and you know that!"

My face pleads as he finishes his sentence. "I can't do that tho Austin! I can't let you support me! It's not right!"

He laughs and pulls me in his arms, hugging me tight. "I love you and if I want to support you, I am. You're my everything and I'll do anything for my everything!"