Sleep Deprived

It's been three nights and I still can't sleep. The fear is unbearable. I close my eyes and fight the urge to peak around my room to check for strangers even if I know there's no one in here except my roommate, Austin. Letting my self prescribed insomnia win its battle, I roll over and grab my phone. I start responding to a few text messages but easily get bored. As I set my phone down and turn on my night light, a loud snore echoes through the room that causes me to hit my head against my headboard.

"Mother trucker," I say as I rub my head. Austin jumps up and undoubtedly says "what's wrong?"

I reach back over and turn off the light. "Nothing, go back to sleep."

I wait a couple of minutes in complete silence in hopes that he fell back asleep. I don't know what to do. My phones boring. I can't read a book in the darkness. I guess I could go watch tv.

I slowly get up off the bed and go into the small den that's part of our dorm room. "Where are you going?" Austin asks before I make it there. Clearly he didn't go back to sleep.

"I'm just gonna go watch tv... My insomnia is biting my ass tonight," I reply.

"Oh," he says as he sits up.

"Yeah," I say and look down. Awkwardly I start to walk away after a couple of seconds.

"Have you tried sleeping next to someone?" Austin says out of no where. I turn back to him. "What?"

I can see him look down through the darkness as if he's embarrassed by his own question.

"My friends younger sister has insomnia and to make her sleep at night, he would sleep next to her and she would be fine. I just thought maybe it would help you to.."

"I uh- I've never tried that..." I say as the thought ponders in my mind. Well I have tried it, but that was back when I was still at home and my mom would sleep next to me. It did help but I couldn't just forcefully ask my roommate to cuddle me because that's the only way I can sleep.

"Well..." Austin speaks up. "We can try it if you want.."

I kind of get this butterfly feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Okay..." I say before I change my mind.

I can sort of see him move the covers as he laughs.

"Well come on, I don't bite."

I giggle and walk across the room. The room is filled with this weird feeling that I've never felt before. He reaches his hand out and pulls me into him. Surprisingly I feel this sort of relief lift off my shoulders as his warm chest presses against my back. The stubbles on his chin send a ticklish feeling throughout my veins at the time that his head rests in the crook of my neck.

"You smell really good," he muffles into my hair.

"You do too," I say as I am washed with a yawn.

A chuckles irrupts in his throat.

"You're getting sleepy.. I knew this would work.. I've just never had the courage to ask you to get into my bed with me."

I feel myself growing more and more closer to the edge of a deep sleep, so I faintly whisper out "I knew it would work too.. So I'm glad you finally did.."

His grip around me becomes tighter. I place my hands over his and somehow our breaths become in sync. I've never felt so at ease with the world. I pray for more nights like this to come.

-//K.L

-----
Sooo I had to write this because I met this guy today and long story short he has self prescribed insomnia. Which basically means he can't sleep unless someone else is sleeping next to him. With myself going away for college in a couple weeks, I couldn't help but picture Austin as my roommate and bam instant imagine. This isn't as good as I would like it to be but oh well.
I've also been getting quite a few messages saying that people are copying my imagines. This book is copyrighted and I hate to say it but if I find out who it is, I will have to report you. It's just I take this seriously and I can't be walked on.
I love you guys btw!
💕 Please don't be a silent reader! 💕
Leave some comments, and some votes! I'd highly like that!

Love you lots ❤️ k.l