Nothing's for granted

Hovering near the bar, sipping on his fourth Captain and Coke, watching the bride and groom dance their first song as husband and wife, he began to regret that he came. He was never really over her. He never really moved on. He guesses he has to now.. There's no other option.
His hazy eyes watch her every move. He watches as her hips sway to the music. He stares at her placement of her hands on his body. Something that was so common to him now stabs him in the chest with her missing touch. Slowly he looks up to her face. The smile she has was pure. Nothing about it was fake. She truly is happy.
Her eyes glance to him and she smiles because she can't believe what she sees. Austin actually came..
She pulls away from her new fortune and walks in his direction. "You came.." She says grabbing his hand and pulling him to the dance floor. "Of course I would." He tells her. The two dance to slow and calm song just reminiscing on the short time they were together. "I miss you Austin," she whispers in his ear. "I miss you too (Y/N)," he says breathlessly. She leans forward and lays her head in his chest making him close his eyes in pain. This is all becoming too much to handle.
"But I'm happy," she says muffled by his suit. A clutch grips tight in his heart, but he remains strong. Her happiness is all that matters to him. "I know.." He replies with the truth hitting him in the face.
"But remember something, okay?" He tells her, picking her head up and making her look at him. "If you ever need me, and I mean ever, I'm just a phone call away. I will always love you.."
After a couple blinks to hide her tears, she nods her head and leans up, kissing his cheek. "And I will always love you too."
At this moment, the song ends and her husband walks up wishing for his bride. They pull apart and she waves goodbye. He bites the inside of his lip. All of this is just a memory now. Nothing is for keeps and nothing will ever be taken for granted again.