Chapter Twenty Seven

Simply from where she knelt, she could see the fire in the Red Queen's eyes. She grinned, knowing that if she pissed her off just enough - she'd get a worthy response to her over-dramatic entrance.

It was obvious to everybody, Namjoon, the boys, Lee, the people of Wonderland and to Min-Young herself that the queen wanted her dead. Min-Young knew the chances of that happening was high enough that Min-Young should've just taken Namjoon and ran as fast and as far away as she could. But then that would've left her family to take her punishment and it would've meant that she would've had to constantly be on the run from the queen until the queen lost her head. Both were solid reasons why she had a reason to stay and fight, but her main one was, she never left things half done.

Min-Young rose to her feet, cockily, loving the roar of fear from the crowd. She bathed in it, knowing that it wasn't directed at her but the dragon that had nearly caused her to loose her family only a short while after she had arrived at Wonderland. But she bathed in the fear nevertheless, the fire of the hatred radiating from the queen just adding the right heat to kickstart Min-Young's own flame.

"Min-Young. Leave here. Run!" Namjoon spoke weakly. She shook her head, stood protectively in front of the man she was ready to risk her life to save.

"I'm fighting. Nobody touches the people that I care about. I mean that." Her voice was soft and gentle, and Namjoon knew they that she was being serious and it worried him slightly.

"Please... Just leave." He whispered weakly. "I can't loose you. Please..."

"Never." She turned and crouched down beside him, helping him up, enjoying what could possibly be the last bit of physical contact with him. She smiled softly, looking up at him and looking at the concern that she could see in his eyes. She could feel in the way he held her to not only steady himself. "I let you go to this woman because I wasn't careful enough. I won't let you go to her again." She held his eyes before she saw Lee ready himself.

"Min-Young- Just come with me then-" She shook her head and hugged him tightly, holding back the tears that threatened to fall. Namjoon's arms wrapped around her gently. She stepped back out of his grip and offered him a smile.

"I'll return home. I promise." She spoke softly, his hand reached out to grab hers but she whistled lowly as she saw the boys, her family, run towards them. The dragon made a move, picking up the boys with it's tail and Namjoon in it's talons. He went to speak, and he probably did speak but Min-Young couldn't hear it over the beating of the wings as her hair flew about her. She watched her family, Namjoon be taken away by the dragon and she smiled sadly.

"Are you sure about this?" Lee asked.

"Are you?" She drew her sword steadying her breathing.

"If we die, I'll die alongside my sister." He commented. "That's the best thing that I can have as of right now."

"Off with her head!" The Red Queen screamed out, and guards flooded from everywhere. Min-Young felt her mentality flip like a switch and felt Lee hit her back with his.

"I've got your back. Just like you had mine." He grinned, drawing his own sword.